VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So I'm away at school right now, and I ordered a set of Mattig Cup Mirrors for my Jet. Set up an appointment w/ my body guy to have the mirrors painted, along w/ my hood (hood is Christmas present). Anyway, it's supposed to be dropped off December 10. The guys at Rapid Parts recommended that I mount them first before painting to make sure everything works because after they are painted, I cannot return them. The problem is, no one at home knows how to mount these things (let alone remove the door panels). The guy who helps me out w/ these kind of things is booked solid this week, and my only hope is that he can hook 'em up before the body guy picks up my car (Monday morning). The whole problem is that I am not home, and I needed to have this work done before I got home. The mirrors will only get painted at this insanely good price if they are done w/ the hood. Should I chance it, and hope the mirrors work? Or should I get all b!tchy and be patient? ERRRRgh I've been waiting so long to have this done, now I don't know what to do.

·
Banned
6,535 Posts
Re: Stupid dillema. What would you do? (WolfsburgTekniques)

just look at the part numbers .. and if they are made for your car.. and everything seems ok.. just chance it ...because most likely they will fit ... thats what i would do .. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Re: Stupid dillema. What would you do? (WolfsburgTekniques)

All you have to do is plug them in before they are painted to make sure they work.
They should be painted first, then mounted since the Mattigs come in two pieces. That's how min were done anyway.
When you say to make sure everything works...do you mean the power or the fit?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Re: Stupid dillema. What would you do? (STEALTHDEMONDUB)

...and if they don't fit, you can get pretty decent prices on the classifieds here. i can't stand waiting myself, i throw stuff on as soon as i get it

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Re: Stupid dillema. What would you do? (oldkidVR6)

Have you guys ever changed your mirrors before?
You do realize that to even just test the power going to them you need to yank off your door panels.
If I were you, I would wait until you get home, then test them and then take them to the bodyshop.

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Stupid dillema. What would you do? (Lobstrosity)

Yea, that's what I'm talking about-they're power mirrors, and Rapid said it was better to make sure they work before painting them because they wouldn't accept them back. Hopefully my friend can mess a little bit with them before the guy picks up my car. Thanks for the imput.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts