VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 vw golf 1.8t, 2002 audi b4 1.8t
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 2002 vw golf 1.8t awp? and i have a 2002 audi b4 1.8t awd?...... i want a quattro golf. can i use the b4 struts? how far off would the front subframe mounts be if i take the whole front suspension from the b4? can i chop the rear floor pan out of the b4 an make it work in the golf to use the b4s rear subframe? i assume custom driveshafts all around. would the 5 speed or 6 speed be a better option. have to run a boot mounted fuel cell? would the firewall need to be chopped to clear the tranny? haltech elite 1500 ecu so can i use the golf cluster?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dunno, but I say DEW IT!!!! Be brave, record it for youtube and all of us to salivate over :)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I'm not a fabricator but any stretch of the imagination. I would start by measuring everything to see what works.

For my, it seems you questions are very specific to your project and would not allow for mainstream responses from the community where people can pull from their own experiences.

My thoughts.

If you do decide to tackle this project, I would love to see a project post with what you're doing with lots of photos.

Steve

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Isn't the B4 engine mounted differently than the Golf? And the wheelbase is longer, so you would need a different driveshaft.

You want parts from an R32 or a TT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts