VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 vw golf 1.8t, 2002 audi b4 1.8t
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 2002 vw golf 1.8t awp? and i have a 2002 audi b4 1.8t awd?...... i want a quattro golf. can i use the b4 struts? how far off would the front subframe mounts be if i take the whole front suspension from the b4? can i chop the rear floor pan out of the b4 an make it work in the golf to use the b4s rear subframe? i assume custom driveshafts all around. would the 5 speed or 6 speed be a better option. have to run a boot mounted fuel cell? would the firewall need to be chopped to clear the tranny? haltech elite 1500 ecu so can i use the golf cluster?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I dont want to say it can't be done, but seriously. Nothing about a b4 Quattro will swap into a mk4 chassis, without extremely serious fabrication. Just buy a wrecked r and swap everything. You'll be 10s of thousands of dollars ahead.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002 vw golf 1.8t, 2002 audi b4 1.8t
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haldex system is junk an has been proven time an time. I'm not afraid to freight parts from Germany. what makes that any different from joe smoe' car. you do realize that the awd swap takes serious fab time... so why not make it different.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
If you're not worried about time, money, resources, then why are you asking this question? Get to cutting and welding. Don't forget to post up some progress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts