VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any experience with spacers but I am considering them for my new car just for the look. I have heard that this may be a bad idea though. Any information either way will be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Specs on what your working with now might be helpful. I can say that I came from the general concern with my s3 and tried the ECS flush kit along with Nuespeed springs. Bought them over the holiday sale as they were cheap enough, so gave it a shot? No vibrations and a pretty solid set up. Again, need more description of your starting point and where you're headed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hace ECS, 17.5mm in the rear, and 10mm in the front.
The spacers improve the look of the car, IMO, 100x times.
The reason why the wheels are so tucked in, is due to the Germany regulations on the use of chains on cars.
Regards

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Specs on what your working with now might be helpful. I can say that I came from the general concern with my s3 and tried the ECS flush kit along with Nuespeed springs. Bought them over the holiday sale as they were cheap enough, so gave it a shot? No vibrations and a pretty solid set up. Again, need more description of your starting point and where you're headed.
I also have an S3 with the 19's and I was looking at the same ones you got from ECS but I started having second thoughts because of some of the things I've read about premature bearing wear.

Thanks.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I also have an S3 with the 19's and I was looking at the same ones you got from ECS but I started having second thoughts because of some of the things I've read about premature bearing wear.

Thanks.
Shiit, I'm more concerned with this garbage MAG ride- gotta rip this out and get coils. I haven't seen any info on premature bearing wear... As I know it, as long as the angle of the axle doesn't choke off lubrication through CV's onto the bearings, you should be fine. Don't slam the car too low and make sure spacers are hubcentric, then enjoy.

Tony

·
Registered
772 Posts
All this talk with no photo's?
I have some generic spacers which work very well. I have 10mm in front and 15mm in the rear. I am also lowered on Neuspeed springs and no rubbing or scraping even with 4 ppl. On MQB I have seen kits with 12mm and 17.5mm and I think that would be the max.....

Before

After

Spacers on OEM wheels I think is a MUST. It improves on handling, and overall stance/looks of the car!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.