VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Re: Subaru Legacy test drive - Toronto (jay_vw)

I still haven't heard from them either. I belive they go through a selective process, not everyone that has applied for the event is chosen. They probably take those they feel that are more likely to purchase one of the new legacys in the near future.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Subaru Legacy test drive - Toronto (2k2 GTI 1.8T)

Damn, I should have put Audi A4 Avant and Mazda6 wagon as my potential next purchase instead of Bimmer.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Re: Subaru Legacy test drive - Toronto (iamfob)

Just got my conformation for the Subaru test drive. The e-mail doesn't look very professional though.

Confirmation:
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->
We would like to thank you for your interest in the upcoming Subaru 2005 Legacy and Outback Test-Drive Event.
We have you registered for:
Day Sunday
Date June 13, 2004
Session 1:30- 2:30 pm
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->Directions: http://www.torontocongresscentre.com/dir

·
Registered
3,254 Posts

i got the same email yesterday too...they could of at least send a tester email and see how it look
i almost delete it along with my junk mails

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Subaru Legacy test drive - Toronto (climacus)

Just got mine too. I should have scheduled it right after the Chrysler test drive so I don't have to make two separate trips out to that area. Looking forward to spanking these babies.

·
Banned
2,013 Posts

Quote, originally posted by climacus »
Looking forward to spanking these babies.

WHO'S YOUR DADDY? COME ON BITCH TELL ME NOW....

I will be sure to stay out of your way, when you are driving.
I am doing the chrysler test drive. I do not like subaru.
Sad part is - I will probably do the same to the 300c Hemi.
but first I will warm up the tires with a nice 200 metre long brake stand.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Did everyone receive a second confirmation e-mail from Subaru today, with the instruction that you must reply to the e-mail within 48 hours to keep your spot? Just thought I'd bring it up in case your confirmation e-mail got lost in a sea of spams.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts

i work for subaru of mississauga (own by subaru canada inc)
I drove the 2005 legacy gt (turbo) 2 months ago when we got the pre release press car's!!
DAMN that thing is fast!!
you guys are going to love it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
the 2005 outback h6 is a nice ride also but it is really jacked up (4x4)
on monday i got to drive the 2005 STI with a new bigger rear axle/wheel base..they had to make a added slight fender flare for the rear to incompase the new rear extra width!! also very nice interior changes like a better looking steering wheel and a new darker silver that looks so hot!!and many many new features...
too bad they aren't giving free sti test drives!!!

Modified by dubN4life at 3:27 AM 6-4-2004

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Re: Subaru Legacy test drive - Toronto (dubN4life)

Quote, originally posted by dubN4life »
I drove the 2005 legacy gt (turbo) 2 months ago when we got the pre release press car's!!
DAMN that thing is fast!!
you guys are going to love it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
on monday i got to drive the 2005 STI with a new bigger rear axle/wheel base..they had to make a added slight fender flare for the rear to incompase the new rear extra width!! also very nice interior changes like a better looking steering wheel and a new darker silver that looks so hot!!and many many new features...
too bad they aren't giving free sti test drives!!!

Modified by dubN4life at 3:27 AM 6-4-2004

so Subaru distribution is moving to suffolk

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Re: Subaru Legacy test drive - Toronto (dubN4life)

How "jacked up" are we talking?
Quote, originally posted by dubN4life »

My wife wants a Outback to replace the Civic. Love the fact its a wagon (cargo space) and AWD, but doesn't want a tall (gas sucking) SUV......

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Just a reminder, the Chrysler and Subaru test drives are happening this weekend. Oh, and also Le Mans and Montreal F1.

·
Registered
303 Posts

Just got back from the Chrysler test drive. Wasn't impressed with any of the cars that I was able to drive. The viper was crazy fast and the srt-4 was pretty quick. Only got a ride in the SRT-4 and the viper though.
The other cars that were availaible for participants to drive include: crossfire, pacificia, durango, 300c, pt turbo, pt convertible. All the cars but the crossfire to me lack road feel. Watch yourself on the track with the crossfire, pt, durango, pacifica though. The people running that track don't really let you push the car too much.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts

just came back from the Subaru test drive (4:30-5:30pm slot today)
it was great, i love doing off-roading in the outback and tilt the car sideway

and the track was much better than the mini test drive track in downsview. overall i am very satisfied with the test drive and happy i beated up the Legacy 2.5GT turbo good (both wagon and sedan
)
and nonetheless freebies when u done the testdrive (disposable razor blades and magazine)
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to Subaru Canada for doing this and i look forward to see more car manufacturer to do this kind of event
PS: i really want to test drive the STi today but not allowed

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

Did the 7:30pm-8:30pm session today.
Who were the ones that destroyed the clutch on two cars... they said it was two salesperson along with a few other people who used these cars as practice. They removed all of the 5-speeds and we were stuck with lethargic automatics! Plus they didn't really want to hear squeeling tires either as the lady there lectured two kids there that went together as they were flogging the car pretty heavily.... so it wasn't the "a squeeling tire is a happy tire" as they mentioned at the Mini event.
Oh well, once it got up to speed the Legacy GT didn't handle all that bad... did manage to push it a little harder and understeered a bit and got the back end out during the emergency lane change - this with passengers in the car. I think I got off lucky as the lady was busy lecturing one of those kids.
The Outback in the hill climb was an interesting experience, never did that ... seeing the guy at the hill chest up guiding you and seeing blue sky.
That STi was pretty hot looking. Hmmm, same price of an A4 1.8T Avant or WRX STI... looking opposite ends of the spectrum here....

It was okay but I think in terms of delivery, the Mini was probably way better than this one.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Re: Subaru Legacy test drive - Toronto (Tanner74)

I'm going tomorrow (3:00-4:00pm). I'll be pushing the car as hard as I can, and I'm sure my wife will be doing the same.....
We are in the market for another car (hopefully soon) so this is an excellent chance to see what some of the possible purchases can do. She's really hooked on the Outback, I just want to see what the new Legacy GT can do

1 - 20 of 21 Posts