VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my Basslink installed this tuesday... for those of you who are familiar with self amplified subs like this, I was wondering if there is any way I can mount it without screwing into the metal on the hatch floor.
Could I put some sort of mat beneath the carpet and mount it to that, and would the mat stay stationary?
Would any kind of adhesive or velcro work? I hear velco is alright if I put some on the hatch wall and maybe on the floor as well.
Anyway, I am open to any suggestions you guys have... I just don't want to hurt something important...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Re: Subwoofer Enclosures... Can I mount one without having to drill? (arjungfx)

Mount it to a piece of wood under the carpet. That's how some do amps in Camaros. They might have more help in the Stereo Forum but, I know, there is no traffic in those.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Subwoofer Enclosures... Can I mount one without having to drill? (Mr. Potato Head)

The wood is definitely a good idea... I will keep that in mind. And yeah, the electronics forums never really help me too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.