VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward vortexfans to purchase the Bahn Brenner Turbo Kit for a 16v to run it with a Microtech stand alone.Let me know if I need to buy something else. How much power would I see at 10 psi ?? will my tranny (2Y) hold the power ?? its rebuilt and has a LSD (Peloquin) It will be better if I would recieve some advice from some body that has a 16v Turbo.
Note. It has to be reliable!!!
thanks.
Gaby16v
Here is a pic of the Golf

·
Banned
7,047 Posts
Re: Suggestions on a 16v Turbo: (ratdub)

Quote, originally posted by ratdub »
i dont know much about turbo'ing 16valve engines, but i f'in love your gli http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

must not know much about mk2's either, that's a GTi

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
my buddies 16v made 250 crank/215 wheel at 10 psi. with a super 60, 8.5:1 comp, ported head, 2.25 exhaust.
he was using a 2y and it held fine. then we put in a t3/t4 57 trim and a 2.5 exhaust and beat on it a lot and it started to go. they can hold the power... but it won't be as reliable as say an o2a.

Modified by Eoin16V at 11:11 AM 11-1-2007

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Re: (Eoin16V)

jus like eoin said.. about 250 crank is close to max for the 2y... your best bet for reliabilty is to buy a kinetics kit custom intercooler set up... if the car is still cis youll be fine running about 6-8psi maybe 10psi if you can dial in the fuel with a controller.. anything after that u should go standalone to keep from hurting the motor.. turbos are fun tho..
i just read that you were planning on running microtech.. at 10psi you should be around 200-220whp which is gonna be nice..

Modified by runvsofme07 at 11:21 AM 11-1-2007

1 - 7 of 7 Posts