VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- 5K service $66
- Service adviser on hard shift from 1 to 2: "We haven't see anything from VWoA about that."
- All B6s in the lot had the windshield plastic card holder
- In the lot: a Package 0 3.6 (2.0T interior - leatherette - AT -17" rims - Xenons)
- In the lot: a 3.6 Variant with euro light switch and clear turn indicators
- Sign advertising fitment of chrome mirror caps $200. Caps are from in.pro (not OE)
- Inquiry about Vision V wheel appropriate for B6. Answer: no - offset is out by 10mm and different bolt patterns
- Variant metal bumper protector does not fit sedan
- The Jetta V driver's seat is uncomfortable compare to the B6
In the parking lot when I returned to work:
- Masked new models of the CLK and C-Class. Damn! they're nice!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Re: Summary of visit to a dealer today (Pier2.0T)

Quote »
- Inquiry about Vision V wheel appropriate for B6. Answer: no - offset is out by 10mm and different bolt patterns
My salesman seems to think he'll be able to hook me up with some GLI take-offs. Different bolt pattern? Offset can be handled by spacers.
Quote »

Uncomfortable how? Too narrow and high? I'm going to test both again but the high part is what I'm remembering. I recall feeling more like I was sitting lower and in the Passat.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Summary of visit to a dealer today (mrshl13)

Quote, originally posted by mrshl13 »
My salesman seems to think he'll be able to hook me up with some GLI take-offs. Different bolt pattern? Offset can be handled by spacers.

I'm not sure if the GLI and Jetta have the same bolt pattern or the parts assistant hadn't fully shaken the morning beer buzz.

Quote, originally posted by mrshl13 »
Uncomfortable how? Too narrow and high? I'm going to test both again but the high part is what I'm remembering. I recall feeling more like I was sitting lower and in the Passat.

You feel you are sitting lower because of the higher door sill. The Jetta feels too low because of that plastic "dam" running underneath the windshield. You feel as though you are looking up - not over - the hood. Jack the seat up and it feels like you are driving an Xb.

Modified by Pier2.0T at 11:59 AM 6-15-2006

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Summary of visit to a dealer today (JKOlsen)

Quote, originally posted by Pier2.0T »
or the parts assistant hadn't fully shaken the morning beer buzz.

Really? How is the offset? Any spacer required? The advertized Vision V "package" comes with tires, right? What is their width and aspect ratio? Would they come with TPMS sensors?

Modified by Pier2.0T at 11:59 AM 6-15-2006

·
Registered
2019 Audi A4 Daytona Grey with sport and black optic packages. 2019 GTi SE White Silver DSG.
941 Posts

Quote, originally posted by JKOlsen »
No offset or spacers required - we don't sell any rims that require any offset. The price for the Vision rims with 225/45 R 17 Continental ProContact tires is $2,099 Canadian plus installation.
Modified by JKOlsen at 5:14 PM 6-15-2006

That makes the factory 18's with Pirelli P6's for $400 a real bargain. The first car I inspected at a dealer with the 18's also had one in the trunk! Mine did not but the dealer is working on getting one for me.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Re: Summary of visit to a dealer today (rwbassoc)

The Jetta wheels, as stated above, will fit on the Passat. The only thing we noticed is that they do come close to the strut tower, but we did not experience any rubbing. If you like them, put them on!

·
Registered
116 Posts

Quote, originally posted by JKOlsen »
No offset or spacers required - we don't sell any rims that require any offset. The price for the Vision rims with 225/45 R 17 Continental ProContact tires is $2,099 Canadian plus installation.
Modified by JKOlsen at 5:14 PM 6-15-2006

Wouldn't you want to go with 235's to match the rolling circumference? 225's will do the job but why not match? Plus, 235's fill the wheel well better.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Pier2.0T said:
- 5K service $66
- Service adviser on hard shift from 1 to 2: "We haven't see anything from VWoA about that."
-- Inquiry about Vision V wheel appropriate for B6. Answer: no - offset is out by 10mm and different bolt patterns
-
QUOTE]

·
Registered
362 Posts
Re: Summary of visit to a dealer today (nu-to-vw)

Quote, originally posted by nu-to-vw »
Pier2.0T said:
- 5K service $66
-- Inquiry about Vision V wheel appropriate for B6. Answer: no - offset is out by 10mm and different bolt patterns
-
QUOTE]
Pier2.0T said:
I had a hard shift 1-2 dealer replace valve body...all gone
Ihave both the b6 and 06 tdi jetta wheels are different bolt pattern
Passat driver seat much more comfortable than Jetta

·
Registered
362 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Pier2.0T »
Bruce, would you please let me know your dealer's name? I want to present a complete case to my dealer.

Crown Motors, Holland Michigan, Great dealer. The Valve body replacement totally solved the rough shift issue, never any question with the dealer, I told them of the problem, they confirmed, ordered the part and replaced. No further problems, btw that was at about 22,000 miles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.