VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
last time I checked all the shenandoah events have been cancelled since the track is not ready yet and won't be until the fall!
I hope that has changed as I want to hit this track so bad!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (95GLX)

I talked to Maria last week. They are still scheduling track opening for July 15th. WE are planning the event at this time. If the track does not open, we'll refund any money that attendees have paid.

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
Re: Summer Audi driving event at Summit Point Raceway (jsfrederick)

Quote, originally posted by jsfrederick »
The registration package for the summer Audi Club driving event at the new Shenandoah Circuit will be posted tomorrow (Wednesday).

Good thing that Audi has the Quattro system - you'll need it for the Shenandoah circuit. As for the July opening date, I'll believe it when pigs fly (oh wait, I race a flying pig - nevermind).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Summer Audi driving event at Summit Point Raceway (mgyip)

I hope you are wrong on the opening date
, but we are crossing our fingers that the track will be complete. We'll refund the full amount if the track is not open.

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
Re: Summer Audi driving event at Summit Point Raceway (jsfrederick)

jsfrederick said:
I hope you are wrong on the opening date
, but we are crossing our fingers that the track will be complete. We'll refund the full amount if the track is not open.
I hope I'm wrong too since the Shenandoah circuit has been delayed for 2 years and still isn't open - the Jefferson 500 was intended to be run on the Shenandoah this year but it didn't happen. I did hear that after Mr. Scott finished the opening ceremonies, he invited everyone to take a ride around the Shenandoah - apparently a small army of pit vehicles (hopefully with 4wd) took a few laps.
The carousel is interesting and from a racer's perspective, it's absolutely terrifying b/c it's only one car wide. If you're on the outside, you'll go flying off the track and stand to end up OFF THE CIRCUIT!! If that's not bad enough in a car, think about what that means to a bike racer!!
I'm looking forward to racing on the Shenandoah although the MARRS series has too many participants to make a race on that track feasible - that is unless we can add 5 hrs of daylight and locate another 50 volunteers!! If I'm lucky, I can hold the ITA track record for an VW GTi 16v (since no one else races a GTi 16v in ITA
)

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Sounds like if it opens on time, we'll be the first ones to try it out. Hello slick asphalt! It'll be fun.

edit: oops, I meant driving school.

Modified by genxguy at 7:15 AM 5-20-2004

1 - 10 of 10 Posts