VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where I can find a Supercharger Kit for my 16v. I know that Autotech use to make one but I have seen much else offered for the 16v. Any help on this topic would be great.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Supercharged 16v's (Turbodub17)

I found one place that has a kit, but I'm still looking for more.
Check it out...www.orz-motorsport.com
quote:[HR][/HR]I don't believe there is a "kit" at all.[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts
Re: Supercharged 16v's (vdubgli)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Supercharged 16v's (2035cc16v)

I didn't say it is worth the money. I was and have been told there are no Supercharger kits for the 16v and was just intersted in finding out what is out there!!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Re: Supercharged 16v's (16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]
[HR][/HR]​
WHY does that Rabbit have a fuel rail AND an accumulator? Is that the Mercedes/Mazda Eaton 'charger? I'm not up on the Scirocco 16V's, is that upper intake manifold modified? That's a SWEET motor!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Re: Supercharged 16v's (FastLapRSII)

looks like a filter to me.
ive always thought it would be cool to get a junkyard m45/m62 and just bolt it onto like a JH or something and see what happened. all you would need to do is fab up some bracketry, boost tubes, and pulley work. just to get a lil air movin through there.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Re: Supercharged 16v's (rocco2nr)

I've been quite tempted by that thinking as well. Heh, I think savings accounts and marriages have been ruined by attempts "to get a lil air movin through there" however.
But- the idea is one I just can't get away from. It keeps coming back to me, year after year. It's all the 3.8 Ford blowers that you see on Ebay, I guess. They're not all that much $ if getting one to work isn't a big ordeal. I'd guess it *is* a pretty big deal, however.
16v, what type of supercharger is that in the pic?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Re: Supercharged 16v's (Andrew Stauffer)

quote:[HR][/HR]I've been quite tempted by that thinking as well. Heh, I think savings accounts and marriages have been ruined by attempts "to get a lil air movin through there" however.[HR][/HR]​
Danger! Danger!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.