VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
No you can't weld rear diff it's a viscous set up so it works on friction plates.
Sounds ghetto but I was going to get a second rear diff from junk yard and drain the fluid and fill it with axle grease and saw dust. It's an old school demo durby trick to lock up rear diffs on cars trucks other than spending 1300$ on a wavetrac it's about the only thing I can try.
Car will either not move at all or have a locked rear.
And no I haven't dynoed it.
I actually have a psc1 piggy back a/f controller and a 2.9 in pulley that I was going to install first. I would love to know what it makes hp wise. My butt dyno and things that I have beat say 330-350 range
But my race season is about to start so it's probly going to get put on hold. And I'm not racing the a4 I have a carbed Mk3 golf aba I'm running this season. :wave:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
And mind you I don't daily the car currently. I drive it when it's nice out or when my kids has baseball practice and wants to feel cool. Makes me happy my 9yr thinks my a4 is the baddest car on earth.
I also just inherited my old mans 90 200cs wagon after he hit a tree last week so ill be starting a bt 10v build soon.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
what bumper is on that b5 in the last pic? custom made joby ?

if so what parts are in it ?
Custom jobber!
This is a s4 bumper with what looks like an evo 10 cf diffuser? Could be amg diffuser though!

I'm not doing dual exhuast on mine or cf. so I'm using a single outlet diffuser from a BMW or similar

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.