VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people,
I’m trying to get info on supercharging my W8. I’ve seen YouTube videos of it being done but honestly can’t find anything on who or where I can buy the charger; So I have tons of questions. I did call a company that sold them for Audi’s but they refused to sell me any information on the specs. My thinking is the 4.2L is the same block as the 4.0 so it should all fit outside of any electrical connections. I have swapped numerous parts between Audi and VW’s. Especially the 2.8 and 3.0 engines and some components. If anyone has any info I’d be much appreciated.

·
Registered
455 Posts
W8 is a completely unique engine. Every part and component unlike anything else. The sump holds 10 liters of oil for example. Replacing the watercooled alternator will bring tears to your eyes. The engine shape, staggered head design, dimensions, exhaust, just all of it, is its own. Google some images of the engine. And it's crammed in a small engine bay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.