VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Superpro or Whiteline control arm

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  wago 
#1 ·
Hello,
has somebody Whiteline or Superpro front control arm with Whiteline lower spring an 8.5*19 ET45 rims?
The question is:
Are the tire touching?
Thanks.

#10 ·
I'm running the SuperPro 18K LCAs with Eibach springs, Bilstein B6 damptronic shocks, and Eurocode camber pucks. Handles great on track, but ... I've worn large holes in the front of the fender liners. I can see the back of the headlight wiring from the wheel wells. The wheel and tire setup is 18x8.5 ET45 Neuspeed RSE11 with 245/40R18 Bridgestone RE71R. I had to drop down to a 245/35R18 (trying out the Michelin Cup 2) to stop the rubbing.

So ... if you're going to run these ... you may need to play with tire and wheel setup a bit.

I'm planning to go back to the OEM LCAs but install the VW clubsport spindles to get some extra camber. I won't have the caster, but I'm OK with that.

Reactions: sutter2k
#5 ·
I am running the whiteline control arms, and they do increase the chance of rubbing on the mount point fo the fender and bumper.

But if you have camber plates it can be helped... these are 19x8.5 et 42 (et45 w a 3mm spacer)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.