VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 608 Posts

·
Modnerdator
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to get kind of a "progress thread" going on my Golf Sport. I'm not doing anything insane to it but my goal is to build a solid, reliable and clean Mk3. In my experience, VR's can be a bother engine wise but the 02A trans is generally pretty solid, on the flip side, the ABA motor is solid but the 020 trans is rubbish. With this car I am combining the reliability of the ABA with the durability of the 02A and a few other goodies.. and it's Surf Green, which is my favourite Mk3 colour.

Completed:
- 02A Trans Swap
- 5 Lug Swap
- AEG Manifold Swap
- Euro Radiator Support and Rebar
- OEM Euro Bumpers
- Clear ECodes
- OEM CL Hatch.
- Dimple Dash
- Got Sport Plaids Back
- B&G Coilovers
- Votex Long Fogs
- Euro Centre Console
- Removal of Tint
- 160 MPH 16v ABF Cluster
- Mk3.5 Door Strikers and Seat Belt Guides
- Euro Polo Steering Wheel

I know everyone hates reading and loves looking at pictures here's where I'm at.

More to follow!

·
Modnerdator
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked up the G60 02A Trans, as well as a G60 Flywheel and VR6 Sachs Clutch and Pressure Plate. Placing a German Autoparts order in the morning for a few odds and ends (axle bolts, pressure plate and flywheel bolts, crank seal, throwout bearing etc)

Bumpers and hatch need to be prepped for paint

·
Modnerdator
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interior needed a good cleaning, so my roommate and I pulled the seats and went to town on the carpet and vacuumed every nook and cranny, found a few dollars in change, a coloured pencil and a lighter under the carpet. While the seats were out I took the opportunity to replace the seat slider bushing and clips and wow, I forgot that Mk3 seats CAN slide smoothly without having to rock back and forth to get the position to click haha.

And km/h cluster because awesome.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Modnerdator
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A couple of updates :D

Little stuff: Tossed my Mk3.5 Cabrio inner door handles in (Thanks LG6R!)

And a few bigger things: VR Calipers and axles for my 5x100 swap, VR shifter box for my 02A swap, the temp coil overs I will be running until I have everything in order for the new suspension setup and some boring wheels that everyone hates.

·
Modnerdator
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just received two GAP orders and one from ECS with my new pressure plate, flywheel and axle bolts, coolant bottle, axle nuts, camber bolts, rear main seal and oil cooler seal... time to get to work!

1 - 20 of 608 Posts