VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently bought an 04 Passat wagon, 4 motion, 5 speed manual. I would like to first add bigger F/R sway bars, then upgrade the springs and shocks. The rear suspension is a lot diff from the FWD model. Has anyone come across good aftermarket stuff for this configuration?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Re: Susp mods on 4 motion Variant (C2 Rower)

No aftermarket for the rear,just the 1BE upgrade from VW. It is 2mm larger and will help.
For the front you can go 1BE or Nuespeed.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Re: Susp mods on 4 motion Variant (C2 Rower)

Whoa, someone just asked this question.
Not much is available for the 4 Motion Variants. You are basically stuck with either the Eibach Pro System (shocks and springs), or coilovers.
Here's a tidbit of information about the 4 Mo's and upgraded suspensions. AWD Audi's and VW's can experience strange tire-wear issues after being lowered. After you install the upgraded suspension, you may have problems getting a proper alignment. In order to fix this issue, there's a company called Custom Performance Products which sells adjustable upper-control arms. These control arms allow you to correct camber/caster so irregular tire-wear isn't an issue.
Not everyone needs to install these products, but I experienced issues with my tires while running coilovers on my W8 4 Motion, and this product eliminated the issue.
Visit http://www.customperf.com for more information.

Modified by The Swami at 3:17 PM 5-20-2004

1 - 4 of 4 Posts