VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, is there any upgrade suspension bushings available for the A2? I'm mainly talking control arm bushings as mine are SHOT after 10 years of lowered suspension, and numerous engineswaps and being driven hard.
Even if there was a poly insert availabe, after my experiance with rear A1 poly tranny mounts I dont know if I would use one.
I bought a set of german bilstein replacements from the parts house, is that good enough?
Other than strut bearings and engine mounts, anything else worth changing?

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Re: Suspension bushings (BoostedOne)

You can get poly suspension bushings for either Prothane or PowerFlex. I have the Prothane control arm bushing in my GTI. I like them. They should last forever, are uneffected by oil, and they don't ride noticably stiffer. I also have the Prothane steering rack bushing but haven't installed it yet because it is a huge PITA on A2 cars to get to the rack. Oh you can also get front anti-roll bar bushings and end link bushings as well as front subframe bushings, rear beam bushings, front bump stop bushings, rear shock bushings, and maybe a few others I forget about. Oh and also poly engine mounts. Just about any bushing on the car can be upgraded to poly.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Re: (BoostedOne)

I got the bushings from jc whitney. there sweet. i recently got the diesel mount and poly insert and it is sweet also, more power to the ground. also with poly a arm bushing you dont use the darn center pin any more. there a pop in kinda thing no pressing required beyond maybe a little foot power
I steped on it to get it started. I got the rear arm bushings as well and like them also.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Re: (hybrid gti 2)

Yeah thats where I got mine from. So far I have only installed the control arm bushings. Hey hybrid gti 2, did you just get the rear beam inserts that prothane offers from JC Whitney or did you get a whole replacement poly bushings. I have seen both. Oh and how was the installation on the rear beam bushings? I have heard it is a major PITA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts