VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been havin all kinds of front pass side susp. problems with my 2002 gls b5.Vw has replaced the shocks and aligned it twice and now say there is nothing wrong. I was under the car with the flashlight and noticed a possible problem. the steel part that comes over and hooks in at the base of the tire and the shock hooks onto it from above is i think backwards on one side.there are 4 small nibs on this part. on the pass side where im having trouble the nibs are in the back and trw delco is on the front side and on the drivers side the nibs are in the front with trw on the rear of the part.does it sound like it could be backwards on one side or am i just fishing.any insight greatly appreciated .

·
Registered
311 Posts
Re: suspension help (psuvw)

Yes, pictures would help. At first blush, though, it sounds as if someone might have installed two left- or two right-side front lower control arms on your front end. Still, don't go suing anyone based on this very cursory evaluation.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Re: suspension help (mmiller)

You may also want to take a look under another like vehicle as additional information/ammunition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts