VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
23,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know if their is anyhting tricky.. or anything i should know about.. that might make my life hell when taking the suspension out and putting new weitec kit in...
what tools are best? air tools good or not good?? any pictures...what can i expect..
and how long would it normally take.. on average..
knowing the wrecch and socket sizes would be great so i can find em...or buy them.. thanx http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Re: suspension install on jetta... what sockets, tools etc do u ... (A2jettafreak)

I highly recomend using airtools if you can. The fronts are the worst, the shafts on the struts will spin when you try to loosen the nut. I good fast blast with an airtool will spin it off. If not you will need a special tool that has an opening to hold the shaft up top. The backs can be done by hand but again an airgun cuts time greatly. If you need parts from your old suspension then you will need a spring compressor for the fronts. If not just throw the new ones in. It will probably take you 3 or 4 hours for your first time. maybe more if you can't get the right tools or no air. Hope this Helps out!

·
Banned
23,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: suspension install on jetta... what sockets, tools etc do u ... (sixteenvalve)

i got a spring compressor.. so that taking care off.. 3 to 4 hrs sound sgreat...
i got a air compressor, air tools aswell.. worrie dabout the front.. since it wil lprob be harder..
but with the help of some friends.. i think we can pull it off.. they have done suspensions before.. but not on a2's only mk3 and mk4's...

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Re: suspension install on jetta... what sockets, tools etc do u ... (junglistdubber)

if your friends did mk3 suspension then you should be set..mk3 and mk2 suspensions are interchangeable.....just helped my buddy install the stock suspension from my old 94 on his 87 this past weekend (was a cheap fix since he took off the coilovers)

·
Banned
23,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: suspension install on jetta... what sockets, tools etc do u ... (ProjectCriminal)

ok..thanx for the help guys..
looks like.. this should be a success.. by saturday..
unfortunately ill have to wait to puit my rims on.. but for now BMW steelies will do.. and wait a week..to aling, balance and put on new rubber with my rims..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.