VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
* Questtion>>> What are my choices in lowering my G60?? (I know kinda like a newbie question
) but I`m confused
so help me here guys.
*Problem>>> I want to run my Borbet Type A`s with 20 OFFSET
without rolling or hacking fenders, and no rubbing tires and still roll with these wheels lowered.
*So please leme know what`s the best drop (how much drop) and the safest set up I can use with these wheels. Please remember I do not wan`t COIL OVERS
Thanx in advance

Modified by djrado at 4:59 AM 1-9-2004

· Registered
277 Posts
Re: SUSPENSION (VDubbinMK2GTI)

I don't know too much about wheels but it depends on the size of the wheel, if you get 17 or 18's you aren't going to lower your car as much as if you had 15's. With my 15's I am going to lower the car about 1 & 1/2 inches using H&R sports. Not much help sorry.

Modified by BOOST_LEAK at 5:24 AM 1-9-2004

· Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: SUSPENSION (cramer)

Quote, originally posted by cramer »
need a little more info, what width of wheel and tire are you running?

*Sorry Cramer I forgot to include that info
it`s 16X7.5
Oh and also I want to use Bilsteins shocks/struts, So what`s the best springs to match that. I need the right drop so it won`t rub.

Modified by djrado at 6:02 AM 1-9-2004

· Registered
10,781 Posts
Re: SUSPENSION (djrado)

You're going to need race springs to keep it from rubbing, and even then it will probably rub a little over large road imperfections. I recommend H+R Race springs, as they have the highest spring rate of any race springs available. They will drop your car about 1.5"
Like the post above said, realistically you'll need to pull the fenders to eliminate rubbing completely.
Oh, and the widest tire you'll be able to run is a 205. Stick with a 205/45-16 and they'll tuck inward a bit.

· Registered
13,402 Posts
Re: SUSPENSION (djrado)

yes, along with race springs, i'd get Koni shocks and run them pretty stiff.. this will also limit the rubbing. But with a 20et on the rears, you're going to need to either grind or roll the rear arches (i'm running et28 on 7.5" wheel on mine with the arches ground down and needed quite a bit of cutting).. you may get away from doing the fronts.

· Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: SUSPENSION (cramer)

*Here what I have in mind.
1.H&R spotrs / Bilsteins HD or Sport
2.Weitec / Bilsteins HD or Sport
3.FK cup kit
4.H&R cup Kit
*Please leme know what set up is the best, I know i need to do a lil fender rolling now so I`ll get the BB Bat ready

Modified by djrado at 7:44 PM 1-9-2004

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.