VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new so please help me out.
I'm planning to spend some $ on suspension of my 00' GTI VR6. I don't wanna spend too much $ on coilovers but I also don't wanna just replace the springs cos I heard the stock shocks will be gone in months and you eventually have to replace them anyway (correct me if I'm wrong). So I wanna go somewhere between coilovers and just the springs.
Some ideas in mind I have are Koni adjustables + H&R springs, and Eibach Pro-System. Which one is better? Is there any better setups?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Re: Suspension Question (cdb)

quote:[HR][/HR]Some ideas in mind I have are Koni adjustables + H&R springs, and Eibach Pro-System. Which one is better? Is there any better setups?
Thanks[HR][/HR]​
Better for what? If you tell someone how you drive, what type of roads you drive, the weather conditions you'll drive in, and, most importantly, what you're looking for, then, people can help you. If you don't know how much you want to change what you have, you might want to think about it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Suspension Question (dmkozak)

I want around 1 inch to 1.5 inch of lowering basically (yes, I want the look
), and a better handling than the stock suspension, i.e. to eliminate some body roll, etc.. I'm not planning to race or autocross the car in the near future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts