VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=914004
After reading the responce, im thinking of upgrading my suspension
Right now its all stock. I would love to go coilovers, but dont have the money. Should i just go new springs and struts (i have to drop this baby) and im looking for it to be lower in the front of course.
Im thinking about buying slightly used HOR (Autotech) springs cheap, (they lower 1.75" front and 1.5" in back, but would i need new struts? If so, is anyone selling them, or know where i can get them cheaper?
Also do i need sway bars, stress bars, ect

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Suspension Questions (Surfingdude81)

forgot to mention, i dont want it a crazy low. Its mainly for day to day driving but I'd like to be able to take those curvers better

·
Registered
3,111 Posts

I have the weitec gt kit with 60/40 springs and i love it. I drive the car everyday and it handles great. It can be a bit bouncy at times but you get use to it

·
Registered
2,512 Posts

I'd' suggest looking for something new. The problem with buying old used springs is you never really know how many miles are on them and there's a small chance that they may have started sagging, or losing their spring rate.
Look for a quality spring like H&R, Vogtland, or even Eibach. A good lowering spring matched with a quality shock, like Tokico, Bilstein, or Koni will make for a dramatic improvement in ride and looks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts