VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With so many options and combinations possible, what would you all recommend? I plan on getting some 17's with 215's in the near future, but would like to drop it before first show (won't have wheels/tires by then, but could do suspension). I am not sure exactly how much of a drop I am looking for, so post you thoughts!

~Andrew

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Re: Suspension recommendations? (Pimpalicious316)

Definately go with 205's and not 215's for tires. As for suspension, a 60/40 kit would make it look 20 times better. Any of the major brand kits would suffice, like Weitec, H&R, etc. Or you can get coilovers and set the height the way you want. Just don't cheap out on the suspension.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Suspension recommendations? (Max_O)

i definetly dont plan on skimping on the suspension. i am still learning about suspensions, so what does 60/40, 50/50, 40/40, etc... mean exactly? and what is a cup kit as opposed to coilover as opposed to springs and struts/shocks? what's the diff between shocks and struts? just trying to learn guys! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
~Andrew

·
Registered
23,352 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Pimpalicious316 »
i am still learning about suspensions, so what does 60/40, 50/50, 40/40, etc... mean exactly?

The expect lowering from the kits... for example:
A 60/40 kit means the springs will lower the car 60mm in the front and 40mm in the rear.
- Erik

·
Registered
19,596 Posts
Re: Suspension recommendations? (C7rONi3x)

Quote, originally posted by C7rONi3x »
i think thats just glare.. ?

in the first pic i thought so to, in the second pic it really looks like a white stripe to me

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Suspension recommendations? (1SickWhtDub)

pin stripe was on it from dealer. second pic is the day i got it, the next day it was removed. the first pic is without it.
~Andrew

·
Registered
3,406 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Pimpalicious316 »
what is a cup kit as opposed to coilover as opposed to springs and struts/shocks? what's the diff between shocks and struts? just trying to learn guys! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
~Andrew

Cup kits are a strut and spring combo that is suppose to be "matched" for a good setup.
I've personally have had good experiences with Bilstein struts using different kinds of lowering springs. Oh, struts have a spring perch which holds the spring all together with the strut, while shocks are without a perch. Coilovers are basically a strut with a threaded body, allowing you to raise or lower the spring perch. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Sorry if my explaination sucks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts