VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 MK4 Golf 2.0, 2006 K1500, 1985 442, 2012 Ford Flex EB
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

A REAL SUV! Currently the only one available in the US Market with the discontinuation of the FJ Cruiser is the Wrangler. Hopefully next year we'll have an all new Bronco (supposedly will be a true competitor to the Wrangler). This little guy would be a great alternative to those vehicle and loaded up would likely be under $25,000 (A loaded up JL is probably north of $40K).

This little SUV could be a great alternative for folks who want to do some real offroading but can't shell out the money for JL or a Bronco and don't have the space/tools to keep an old 4wd on the road. Yeah you can get a used JK or FJ Cruiser for less than $25,000 but you'll be looking at a 4-5 year old model that'll need some TLC and not only have a monthly note but probably $1-2K/yr in maintenance costs if you're not a DIY'er. Don't even get me started on the amount of time/money and tools needed to get a 20+/yr old vehicle trail capable and reliable!

·
Super Moderator
11,632 Posts
In Canadian Peso's, a JL Rubi with every possible option box checked is $63,145 :eek:

I know it's not a Jeep, but if more of the people who want them for image got something like this vs an actual Jeep, maybe the prices would come back to reasonable levels.

I'm still blown away that in July 2014, I was able to get a JK Sport with no options for $19k and the same model now starts at $35k.

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda, Ducati
35,115 Posts
I was able to get a JK Sport with no options for $19k and the same model now starts at $35k.
The price of black wrinkle powder coat, and tactical hex bolts have driven the prices up exponentially.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts