VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pulled the 1.8l 8v out of my 84 rabbit last night, it was actually pretty simple. next up we'll be sanding down my engine bay and give it a re-spray. big thanks to my good friend dallas (dallas16v) and my girlfriend (kobidge) for helping me out. i apologize for the dark pics, the lighting was very poor and the digicam didn't like that too much.
here is the old motor

getting the hoist ready

hoist attatched, getting ready to unbolt motor mounts

stupid relay shifter, it didn't want the motor to go.

up and over it goes

thar she sits.

here are some teaser pics...
+
+
into

Modified by VWGTIRCR at 10:30 AM 1-14-2004

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Re: swap progress pics (VWGTIRCR)

the teaser pics say it all! Hmmm. Did I just hear a BOV vent?

Jason

·
Registered
1,186 Posts

The pictures turned out better than I thought they would with the lighting.. Even I can't wait until we are done
have to love these projects, now if I could only get my car going

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Re: swap progress pics (dallas16v)

ya, i'm surprised they even came out at all to tell you the truth. they look so much different on the camera than they actually do on the computer.
btw dallas, why do you need a new dash?

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Re: swap progress pics (vdubspeed)

Quote, originally posted by vdubspeed »
the teaser pics say it all! Hmmm. Did I just hear a BOV vent?

Jason

looks great. 2L 16v turbo on digi I eh?? thats exactly what i wanted to do to the rabbit... now its going in a scirocco instead. keep us posted!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: swap progress pics (itchyG60)

Quote, originally posted by itchyG60 »

looks great. 2L 16v turbo on digi I eh?? thats exactly what i wanted to do to the rabbit... now its going in a scirocco instead. keep us posted!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

I definately will! We might be able to get the engine bay painted today, I was wanting to get the engine in tonight, but I dont know if that will happen. Oh well, at least Im closer now, than I ever was to the swap.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts

Quote, originally posted by VWGTIRCR »

I definately will! We might be able to get the engine bay painted today, I was wanting to get the engine in tonight, but I dont know if that will happen. Oh well, at least Im closer now, than I ever was to the swap.

take it slow. do it right http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

here are the latest pics
cleaned up the pistons and cylinders on the 16v

the 16v, waiting for its turn on the hoist

4k tranny getting a bath

painted the engine bay, not a professional job, but definetely looks better than before. with the help from lots of sandpaper and some rust treatment, the area near the battery tray cleaned up nicely.

bling!

·
Registered
20,933 Posts

That downpipe looks a little small for your application

Toilet bowls own

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Re: swap progress pics (vdubspeed)

he has a dual downpipe and exhaust manifold out of a 16v scirocco that he'll be using. the stock exhaust will hopefully be coming off today

that toilet bowl design is the stupidest thing i've ever seen... and those c clips... man...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.