VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i haven't posted up any pics lately of the swap, but the end is near. for those of you that haven't seen my first thread, here are the details; 9a 2.0 16v w/ g60 digifant 1 fuel injection, 3.5bar fpr, custom SNS chip, 4k close-ratio tranny, 8lb flywheel w/ 16v clutch set up, 100mm axles. here is the link to the first thread, http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1192022
yay! 16v!

brand new 100mm axles (the flanges were a b!tch)

please excuse all of the junk, my mom and i are in the middle of moving.

never let this happen to you. oversizing is a pain.

money shot

just waiting for the intake manifold & throttle body to get back from the machine shop, and then things will be piecing themselves back together very quickly.
edit pictures as of 04.28
sorry for the pictures being so dark, but you get the idea.

a must own for every volkswagen owner. 3 cars in 1!

edit 04.29

Modified by VWGTIRCR at 11:45 AM 4-28-2004

Modified by VWGTIRCR at 12:48 PM 4-29-2004

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Re: swap progress pics (GTI Lowen)

is that a t25 or small t3? You're gonna have instant boost but it might run out of steam with your 16V revving high. But props for another 16vT in the makin!!!
Jason

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: swap progress pics (vdubspeed)

i got the intake mani & g60 tb back from the machine shop today, i'm very happy with my friends work http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif the alternator pulley is taken care of, now all i have to do is order the right sized v-belt.
Quote, originally posted by vdubspeed »
is that a t25 or small t3? You're gonna have instant boost but it might run out of steam with your 16V revving high. But props for another 16vT in the makin!!!

it's a garret t3 turbo (rebuilt w/ 1k on it), it is the equivalent of a t3 super 60. i'm not much of a high rev-ver, but this is just the starting turbo until i save up for a t3/t4 hybrid. but first is first, i need to get it running and i need to get it approved by the referee.
Quote, originally posted by vdubspeed »
ooohhh very sweet !! going to go with SNS for the chip ?

yup, SNS does the best work with custom digifant 1 chips. they are great guys to talk with, and they have excellent prices. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
Re: swap progress pics (20psirabbit)

Quote, originally posted by 20psirabbit »
wouldn't you be a lot better off running some longer gears since you have boost?

yeah man you shud do that, ive rode in my friends NA 16v rabbit with a 4k and boy does it rip through em fast, but itll be fun

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: swap progress pics (vr6freak)

actually, for now Im keeping the 020 4k tranny, but adding a longer 5th gear. just to even things out a bit. then when turbo goes in, Ill probably switch to an 02A from G60 corrado.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Re: swap progress pics (VWGTIRCR)

Quote, originally posted by VWGTIRCR »
actually, for now Im keeping the 020 4k tranny, but adding a longer 5th gear. just to even things out a bit. then when turbo goes in, Ill probably switch to an 02A from G60 corrado.

That differential is toast!
I give it a month at best!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: swap progress pics (stock60)

No, im not taking the turbo setup to the ref station. Im just getting the motor/fuel injection legalized. Newer motor, newer cleaner fuel injection on a 20 year old car, I dont see why anyone would care to much. Just means it wouldnt be a gross poluter.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Re: swap progress pics (stock60)

Quote, originally posted by stock60 »
wait a minute......you're gonna take that turbo setup to a ref station? goodluck, let me know how it goes!

FYI, there is no way you can legalize a turbo-ed car (unless it was turbo-ed STOCK). there are superchargers though that have CARB plates for them, but there aren't many.
if you plan on going turbo and never want to worry about taking it off for smog, get a registered diesel http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
807 Posts
Re: swap progress pics (kobidge)

nice, good luck rest of the way

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.