VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Volkswagen Arteon 3H7 Rline black
14 Posts
As I've already done a few mods to my Arteon, I wanted to tell you about my experience. I've opted for some lowering springs, as my mechanic advised me, instead of the rear sway bar, as it lowers the entire center of gravity of the car, which helps the balance of the rear end, and makes it look way better, especially if you replaced the stock rims. High speed cornering stabily is also greatly improved. And, since when you buy an upgraded sway bar it's advised to also do the endlinks, I think it even costs less to do just the springs. Reguarding the exhaust, I believe that the best bang for buck mod is to source a scatted downpipe and to put it with the rest of the stock valved exhaust, retaing a good level of noise suppression and backpressure. All of this if you don't have the OPF filter, which I believe your cars comes equipped with, being the restyled model. In that case, removing just the central muffler is better suiting for you, as removing the cat + opf would mean to be forced to remap the ECU.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I think I m gonna go witht the downpipe, I dont want a big change in the sound of my car, but I do want a deeper tone and the downpipe is cheaper as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts