VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you guys know anything about the extenders can you please give me some information on them.
I have HR coilovers on 18s and want to lower my ride about 1.75 to 2 inches.
The extenders are cheaper than buying a new front swaybar, just thinking if I need the clearance then the extenders should suffice.
Anyone know where I can get some, or does anyone have them, please post a review. Thanks

·
Registered
956 Posts
Re: Sway bar EXTENDERS vs. New Sway Bar (TopdoggGTI)

Well, considering you have the coilovers I don't think a stiffer sway bar is what you want, so as long as the extenders don't make anything clunk it should be kewl. On the other hand I believe the pivot point on the bar will change a bit if you use extenders, so if you are a stickler for doing it the right way.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Sway bar EXTENDERS vs. New Sway Bar (Retro)

Thanks for the info RETRO.
I'm just looking to save some money.
I agree with you that with coilovers the handling is good, but I just want to take precautions in clearance.
Anyone else have some advice?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Re: Sway bar EXTENDERS vs. New Sway Bar (TopdoggGTI)

I'm not sure what extenders are, but Autothority sells an adjustable sway bar link which should allow you to position the sway bar so it will not hit the driveshaft.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re: Sway bar EXTENDERS vs. New Sway Bar (dmkozak)

I have the extenders - and I bought them not so much to save $$ but so I wouldn't have to go thru installing the front sway. They work great. ~ $100.00 from Tuning Zubehor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.