VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will i be asking for trouble if i get a 25 or 28mm neuspeed rear sway and leave the front alone?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Re: sway bar question for mk4 2.0 (zilla)

I have read some company build ups where they don't install a rear sway, so it will be more consumer friendly. because if the rear end is stiff, in a curve or say an on ramp, you brake hard in the turn for some reason (emergency or whatever) the rear end may get rather playful and want to swing out on you.
If you are getting sway bars invest in the set or get the front. or better yet get a strut tower bar, if finances are an issue

[Modified by MK-Ultra, 4:39 PM 6-6-2002]

·
Registered
723 Posts
Re: sway bar question for mk4 2.0 (MK-Ultra)

There are plenty of postings on this issue, just do a search for it...I'm pretty sure you won't have problems adding only the rear sway...especially the neupseed 28mm because it is adjustable. But again do a search and you'll find more info from more knowledgable people.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Re: sway bar question for mk4 2.0 (MK-Ultra)

What eliminated my car's wheels hops is actually the 22mm NS front sway. I had my car lowered with 2" NS racing springs and koni adj. shocks for almost 8 months now but it didn't eliminate the wheel hops. Front sways do help but with rear sways, you'll notice a big difference.
I did choose the NS 28mm rear sway bec. of the added weight (supercharger). It does a LOT of difference! I don't experience any body roll installing both front and rear sways

1 - 5 of 5 Posts