VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
factory front sway bar on my 96 jetta glx. what size is it? i am trying to do a refresh with new bushings in the front and need to know if its a 17mm or 19mm. i've been lookng around and havent found a solid answer. anyone??
for this thing

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
FV-QR

I would assume it's bigger considering the engines bigger than a 2.0 but i don't know. sorry i'm not much help, but A for effort....

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: FV-QR (Fallsjetta)

much appreciated. now all i need is a solid answer to back that up and i can get on with my orderings. ooH! i need ball joints too... good save on me

·
Registered
459 Posts
It is in fact a 19mm. Wow there's really not too many folks that are willing to help someone out these days are there? I'm in the process of installing my poly bushings and heavy duty end links right now... It's a real PIA. lol

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would not suggest you run without a front sway unless perhaps it is a car that is only used on the track. Occasional track use would maybe be justification but if the car is frequently driven daily the sway really helps to improve ride quality and stability. If you need info on installation of the bushings/end links just shoot me an IM. Cheers
Joshua

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Re: (JF1283MK3VR6)

Quote, originally posted by JF1283MK3VR6 »
It is in fact a 19mm. Wow there's really not too many folks that are willing to help someone out these days are there? I'm in the process of installing my poly bushings and heavy duty end links right now... It's a real PIA. lol

True! I still haven't installed my steering rack bushings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts