VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 jetta with monsoon. I bought hte car witht he original single din monsoon deck. I just bought a double din monsoon from a 2002 jetta ( at least i think its a monsoon), and the wiring is all different and now i have to buy all these adapters. WHAT DO I DO?!?!

· Registered
11,774 Posts
Re: Sweet now that my new deck doesnt work in my car.... (phishndave)

The wiring harness plug is different sized and has a different layout, so if you really want it to work, you need to use spade connectors with some wire to individually tap each wire on your car's harness.

· Registered
5,485 Posts

Quote, originally posted by phishndave »
. WHAT DO I DO?!?

Put the single din back in. Why would you want to downgrade to the double?

· Registered
7,462 Posts
Re: Sweet now that my new deck doesnt work in my car.... (sntx)

Quote, originally posted by sntx »

Yeah, and then put one of these in:

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
14,449 Posts
Re: Sweet now that my new deck doesnt work in my car.... (sntx)

Quote, originally posted by sntx »

Absolutely agree. I don't understand why ANYONE would go through the hassle to replace one POS with another.

· Registered
04 24v GTI, 02 Jetta TDI, 76 Scorpion
7,975 Posts

please for the love of god do NOT tap into your wiring harness!
the double-din may look cooler, but that's it. you are buying yourself a whole hell of a lot of work for nothing but looks.
you are messing with fire if you dont understand electrics and tinker with vw wiring harnesses.
leave it be. you have been warned.

· Registered
3,190 Posts
i'm sure its been done numerous times. do a search on the wiring in here and i'm pretty sure you'll find everything you need to install your double din. there was also some sorta fix for the double din so that it would sound better or something too. something about removing a jumper that inhibits it in some way. if you want to play it safe, go to the dealership and buy a set of harnasses and writing to make an adapter for your car so you dont need to cut your wires.

· Registered
6,667 Posts
Re: (klee)

that "fix" was just a phase issue with the monsoon harness wiring... nothing internal with the deck... changing soft coding for it doesnt fix it either..
Ive swapped my double din out for a sony deck and it sounds light years ahead of the double din.
I had the gamma HU in my non monsoon car and it sounds phenominal compared to the DD...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.