VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
E46 330ci coupe
11,875 Posts
Adjust your toe-in. Chamber in of itself shouldn't chew tires up, unless your car requires a lot of toe in to keep understeer or oversteer in check. If that's the case, maybe a tortoise in the trunk to improve weight distribution would help. :D
Ding Ding! Toe in was the main problem of the tire chew, but my camber in the back was so bad I'd get that "side-steer" from the rear wheels when hitting bumps or gravel in the road.

Drive faster through the corners then because I'm at -2.75 up front and got over 20K out of T1-R's (sticky when the pressures are higher than you'd think was normal).
Tires were crap Falkens anyway. I may look into T1-Rs. Adjustable control arms fixed everything. :thumbup::beer:

But this is what brings me to my confusion on this "style" How much do these guys spend on tires? I don't care how carefully it's done, you can't tell me that amount of camber doesn't affect tire wear or handling.

I don't like it, but I'm also open to explanations on how it's done without having a very large rubber budget?

·
Registered
E46 330ci coupe
11,875 Posts
A few more pictures for the haters. If you cannot appreciate the car for what it is, then the front plate is for you. And for the people who think the car cannot handle, that is what "coilovers" are for :banghead:. Maybe this is a new concept to some or maybe you all think the corner of 5th and Main is the best place to race; I guess I didnt get the memo. Me, I have a set of autocross wheels, tires, and it takes me around 20 minutes to raise my car up and adjust dampening and whoop 98% of your asses at the autocross or track or drag strip..... but I guess my coilovers dont handle better than stock and my S52 is inferior and slower than the S14 so I must be lieing. What you see in these pics is the stylish side of the car but I wasnt aware I needed to win races driving around on the street :screwy: .

Fact is, you are all being haters. The MINUTE I drove by you on the street, you and your girl would break your necks to catch a glimpse of what just went by you.

I built the car for myself and I love it. I find it really funny that the stance stuff pretty much started in the VW world yet you are all hating. I also find it hilarious you all are so closed minded you dont realize you can have stance AND a good handling car.

In the end, if you dont like it, Fukur $.02. You are just some person on the internet I have never heard of but you are entitled to your opinion which I dont have to agree with.

Bitches gonna talk, haters gonna hate.

If you gave me props, thanks :thumbup:
I can make it rain, I dont worry about the costs of tires
Yeah....let's never hang out.

·
Registered
E46 330ci coupe
11,875 Posts
Haha.... you asked a stupid question, you got a stupid answer
Are you f**king serious?

TheDarkEnergist said:
I don't like it, but I'm also open to explanations on how it's done without having a very large rubber budget?
Is that a stupid question?

You're delusional dude. You built a car for people to hate it, then claim you love it and people can hate away.

Which is it? Do you actually love it? Or do you love making yourself look like an uneducated child in defense of it?

Not once did I claim to have more experience than the next guy in suspension set ups, so it's clear that you're here looking for cannon fodder.

·
Registered
E46 330ci coupe
11,875 Posts
I didnt build a car for people to hate, I built a car for my own taste.

Yes, it is stupid to imagine how someone can muster up the 500-600 for new tires once every 10,000 miles. It is mind blowing!!!! Like it was stated before, if you toe is in alignment the camber will not eat up tires all that bad. I have been running 2+ deg of negative camber on various cars for a long time and yes you will get a little inner tire wear but I generally get 10k + miles out of my tires.
I guess we're making progress now...

There's no need to be an ass*ole to someone who clearly just asked for an explanation. I can reconcile someone doing something they love that I don't understand or see merit in. I find beauty in variation.

A lot of these poke/stretch/camber cars end up in here without the owner providing any type of explanation or reasoning behind it. Which is why I asked. I've had bad luck with negative camber on my car and it both perplexes and intrigues me that people do it on purpose, I'm merely curious. You apparently mistook me for "a hater". The only thing I hate is your attitude...and doctors.

·
Registered
E46 330ci coupe
11,875 Posts
Whooooaaaa, good thing I'm not a doctor. I was worried for a second.
Look at the posts before I started posting, 80% of them went something like this:

Really?

You paint me to be a douche and you will get what you ask for. I dont think I have ever used the term "make it rain" or "haters gonna hate" in my life but anything for you guys. In my eyes, there were some really ignorant comments made and I was responding to get a rise out of you all and it worked.

Please read above, it is all for show
Not one of those posts was mine.

My original reply:

Do the people that do this all secretly own stock in Tire Rack?
2 degrees negative camber on my car = bald tires in 4k miles...
Is that not dumb?!
Is that hating? I didn't call YOU dumb, I called running through a $500 set of tires in 4k miles is dumb...for me, for where, how and when I drive my car.

You picked out my post and decided to lump me in with the one liner "looks dumb" "dood you ruined the car!!" replies.

It's your car dude.

I don't care if you paint it with nail polish, but when you quote me and turn it into a springboard to "f**k the haters" you're right, you got a rise out of me. Because you're seeing a hater where there isn't one. And nobody painted you as a douche, you picked the brush and the color yourself.

To re-cap, I took issue with wondering how frequently someone needs to replace tires when their car is like this, you decided that I'm a hater and prove how much bread you make that you can afford new tires every 10k miles.

That's how it went.

And now I'm gonna go sit and write poetry in my emkayfour vee dub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.