VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone here has experience ordering custom springs for their mk5. I'm looking at some shorter and stiffer springs from swiftsprings and I'm having a hell of a time finding the correct size I need. Just by using a tape measure on the perches (which are out of the car) they're about 60mm, but raceland tells me the inner diameter of the springs are 72.5? My car is buried under a pile of snow and I REALLY don't wanna have to dig it out and jack it up just to measure the springs. Any input as to what size I'll need to order would be great!

Thanks

Here's a pic of the car with no perches on Raceland springs, looking to go lower:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Chang,

Are you sure you can go any lower? God it looks very low now! Hope you have good roads where you live. And a steel oil pan. Why don't you just buy HR Cup Kit? They have a super low kit? ECS Tuning has them.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Chang,

Are you sure you can go any lower? God it looks very low now! Hope you have good roads where you live. And a steel oil pan. Why don't you just buy HR Cup Kit? They have a super low kit? ECS Tuning has them.
And a steel back bone! I have Racingline springs and struts/shocks on my R32 and I can’t imagine any stiffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chang,

ok cool I’ll look into that! I’m up in the Yukon and the roads aren’t pretty but I like a challenge haha and yea she can go another 3/4 of an inch at least with a higher spring rate

And a steel back bone! I have Racingline springs and struts/shocks on my R32 and I can’t imagine any stiffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will also look into that thanks my man. I’m planning on being very low so it’s gunna be STIFF

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe this size will work for achieving the ultra-low height I'm after. Can anyone confirm?
ID 60MM (2.37") - 6" Length

1 - 5 of 5 Posts