VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i washed my car, used wax cleaner and then swirl remover, all from meguiers and it looks amazing in a garage until it goes directly under the sun, then u see SWIRLS!! it drives me crazy and ruins my day, how can i get them OUT!?

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
when you waxed it and did all that fun stuff was it in the garage or out in the sun ...... also the detailing forum has lots of good tips

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
garage for sure.. and it wasnt sunny out the day i did it, but the next day when i took it out for the first time since the waxing, the lil bastards came out

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Re: ** Swirl removal ** (Street_WaRiO)

First off which swirl remover was it?
Second .. what wax did you use after the swirl remover?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i washed it, used....
-First i used,Meguiars Mirror Glaze Professional Cleaner Wax #6
-Then,Meguiars Mirror Glaze Professional Swirl Remover #9

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Re: (Street_WaRiO)

So really you added no wax after to protect it?
Boththe things you used really don't do much swirl removing .. they more fill the swirls . You need somthing to protect it after that .. I might suggest redoing it with the #9 and really working it good .. It does have some abrasives to remove swirls. It will take some work then finish it off with Meguiars NXT. NXT does also fill swirls.

·
Banned
4,829 Posts
Re: (Jesstzn)

Quote, originally posted by Jesstzn »
So really you added no wax after to protect it?
Boththe things you used really don't do much swirl removing .. they more fill the swirls . You need somthing to protect it after that .. I might suggest redoing it with the #9 and really working it good .. It does have some abrasives to remove swirls. It will take some work then finish it off with Meguiars NXT. NXT does also fill swirls.

Won't NXT's cleaning agents take out the #9?
Also could I top 3M Swirl Mark Remover with NXT or will it lift the 3M? Thanks

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Re: (blackmagic3393)

Quote, originally posted by blackmagic3393 »

Won't NXT's cleaning agents take out the #9?
Also could I top 3M Swirl Mark Remover with NXT or will it lift the 3M? Thanks

Yes it will thats why I said work it hard .. so the abrasives remove the swirls.
Onthe 3M .. same thing .. Myself I don't use the swirl removers .. I remove the swirls with polishes.

·
Registered
13,778 Posts

Yes it will thats why I said work it hard .. so the abrasives remove the swirls.
Onthe 3M .. same thing .. Myself I don't use the swirl removers .. I remove the swirls with polishes.

3M 39009 Swirl Mark Remover for dark coloured cars is a fine cutting polish. It contains no fillers, waxes or silicone.
You MUST apply wax over this product.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Re: (Preppy)

Quote, originally posted by Preppy »

3M 39009 Swirl Mark Remover for dark coloured cars is a fine cutting polish. It contains no fillers, waxes or silicone.
You MUST apply wax over this product.

Preppy your correct in 3 areas .. It doesn't contain waxes or silicones and is a fine cutting polish but it does contain fillers .. why do you think they have it for light and dark cars. You can also check this by using it then rubbing part of the area down with IA and you will lift the fillers and you can see the difference.
I have the 39009 and a blcak car .. I stopped using it on my car for that very reason .. and the fact that any wax with a a but of a cleaner in it or products like AIO just lift the fillers.

·
Registered
13,778 Posts

but it does contain fillers .. why do you think they have it for light and dark cars.

True, I hadn't thought of it this way. I assumed the different coloured compounds were strictly for ease of application purposes with respect to machine polishing.
That being said, there's nothing on the 3M site about this product containing fillers. But now that I've taken the IA to the polished sections, I can see the filler being lifted and deposited on a microfibre.
To the best of your knowledge, is the application of zaino affected by the fillers contained within the 3M? Furthermore, does the application of zaino affect the fillers already deposited in the paint?
And finally, is it worth removing the fillers prior to applying zaino? If so? IA does't seem to be removing all of it.... unless I'm not applying enough.
thx!
Elie

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Re: (Preppy)

Quote, originally posted by Preppy »

To the best of your knowledge, is the application of zaino affected by the fillers contained within the 3M? Furthermore, does the application of zaino affect the fillers already deposited in the paint?I really don't knoiw .. I am assuming that if Sal says its ok to use the 39009 it must be ok .. I know Z5 or Z2 won't pull the fillers.
And finally, is it worth removing the fillers prior to applying zaino? If so? IA does't seem to be removing all of it.... unless I'm not applying enough.
Its prolly not worth it .. Klasse AIO will lift them and also put down a good base for Zaino. .. Myself I use polishes to remove the swirls .. so no fillers to worry about.
thx!
Elie

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Re: (blackmagic3393)

Most polishes that will do a good job on swirls are usually applied with a PC ..
I use the Menzerna polishes .. but some have used Dual Action Polish Cleaner by hand .. its Meguiars #83.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts