VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if it is possible to get the mk4 swblade key to work with the mk3 remote locking/alarm system, i already know how to switch the keys themselves. I would love to have the whole thing be fully functional given that my mk3 remote has gone the way of the dodo. It would be sick as hell. I would be willing to pay someone to perform the conversion if they felt up to it...

· Banned
10,146 Posts
Re: switchblade key (gallowaystx)

Well it's sorta like this, if you figure it out, let us know. A bunch of people were working on it, but I think it's pretty much not worth it at this point. Unless somebody magically comes up with an easy way to do it.

· Banned
4,931 Posts
Re: switchblade key (Maflagulator)

Or figure out a way to hardwire in the control module from an MKIV alarm system into my car, standalone from the rest of the vehicle, just controling the door locks, flashing the lights, and popping the hatch, while at the same time controlling a daisychained Sidewinder 5000ESP alarm that gives me the door triggers, starter kill, shock and motion sensors that I need for full coverage. It will work, I will make sure of it.

· Banned
4,931 Posts

That's the plan for now, stick it under the back seat, figure out what has to be powered up to make it work (Bentley is on the way with the wiring diagrams), and go from there. I already have all the wires for the rest of the alarm system/keyless ran to the back, now it's just a matter of grabbing an ecu from the junkyard and wiring it up. I know it's gonna be a pain in the butt, but I got nothing better to do all day.

· Registered
The mk3.75
19,468 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Maflagulator »
MKiV keyless is intergrated into the ECU correct? soo, mount another ECU?

That's what I'm doing http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
(ya know, along with the motor, dash, entire comfort system and a partridge in a pear tree...
)

· Registered
160 Posts
Re: switchblade key (DubberFromCT)

Ya im thinking about this too, i want my switchblade key, and dont want to put my key in to open it. Would it be possible to buy a keyless entry system for an mk4 with the key, and put in the the mk3? thats what im thinking

· Banned
4,931 Posts
Re: switchblade key (punkassjim)

I can't wait to see your car when it is done. I have followed the progress all along to this point. Hope everything goes smoothly with the motor yanking this weekend!
Quote, originally posted by punkassjim »

That's what I'm doing http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
(ya know, along with the motor, dash, entire comfort system and a partridge in a pear tree...
)

· Banned
4,931 Posts
Re: switchblade key (Surfingdude81)

It's not easy at all, man, as you can see if you read this entire thread. Many have tried, all have failed (as far as I know), but hopefully, mine works out. I will have a full write up on how to do it, parts list, and full pictorial on it when and if it works.

· Registered
712 Posts
Re: switchblade key (SalemNHGreenGolf)

Part # for AH blank Eurovan Switchblade key
7D0-837-246-D-01C
Suggested Retail
$68.50
find someone with a busted remote, stick it in the blank and have the key cut. Use your stock keyless remote, or stop whining. Or just lock and unlock your car with the key like every other American.

· Registered
3,809 Posts
Re: switchblade key (PWN3D Rabbit)

my switchblade key cost me...
MKiV key from Friends traded in 99 Jetta $0.00
Copy of my MKIII from Home Depot $1.30
------------------------------------------------------------
Total Cost to be cool? $1.30
haha, don't buy a new one!! get one from someone who either wrecked or sold thier car, oh, and they are all over E-Bay.

· Banned
4,931 Posts
Re: switchblade key (PWN3D Rabbit)

If we wanted you to come in here and give us this load of crap you are dishing to us, we would have asked. This thread was about getting the keyless to work, not what you think we should do. So when I want your opinion, you will damn well know it.

· Registered
712 Posts
Re: switchblade key (SalemNHGreenGolf)

listen kid, i work at a dealer, just giving the part number for others, and stating my opinion about trying to get the keyless to work. it's people like you that made me leave this forum to begin with. it's my 2 cents, like it or not.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.