Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might sounds idiotest
But after watching Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift

Im starting to get a a minimal appeal with the Japanese Imports and not so much Euros like I was in the past . For some reason Japanese imports just caught my eye like rising from the ashes

·
Banned
9,071 Posts
Re: Switching to Japanese Imports (BoraBmw)

haven't seen the movie, but also attracted to asian imports lately... mostly due to reliability/value retention & minimized overall cost of ownership.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
Re: Switching to Japanese Imports (vw_dick)

I saw some behind the scenes stuff on that movie. the ONLY reason why the VW was in there was that VWofA has an agreement with hollywood or whomever produced the movie to have their cars in certain productions. It was also one of the only cars that they didn't have to highly modify to perform like the others.

·
Registered
22,855 Posts
Re: Switching to Japanese Imports (BoraBmw)

GTI & the FAST was cool yesterday and now FF3 made cool today.
You guys sure are easy to influence.. just because you saw FF3..
I could imagine plenty of kids, teens, and 20 something now trying to hookup a RX7 or 240sx and trying to hit the backalley somewhere and try to drift and end up killing someone.
I've switched to Japanese imports not because of a movie, because real-world experience.
I think you guys should get your head straight before jumping on bandwagons.

·
Registered
27,104 Posts
Re: Switching to Japanese Imports (Vision33r)

Quote, originally posted by Vision33r »

You guys sure are easy to influence.. just because you saw FF3..

This is the carlounge you know....

·
Registered
712 Posts
Japanese imports? I own a toyota and would disagree. An LT1 F-car or Vette would trump a 240sx...and a 240 with an SR20DET isn't a "stock" car like some people will try to argue.
If you want a tuner to for a 5.0 Stang with a fox body!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Re: Switching to Japanese Imports (idwurks)

Quote, originally posted by idwurks »

Yea movie magic has that effect on people. For some reason in the movie all those cars seemed really cool, but everytime I see one like that in real life Im not that impressed. That RX-7 was beautiful on-screen but its just too over the top to be taken seriously driving around town.
(Edmunds tested that car and ran a low 14s quarter mile, they said it was pretty beat)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.