VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
9,230 Posts
Re: (cawslow)

F.O.L.
You do realise that part of why forums exist is to humanise the internet experience, as opposed to 'googling' everything and being a social retard like yourself?
You know I like ya, but you really know how to push buttons.

· Banned
7,126 Posts
F.O.T.H.o.M. (that was way too much effort)
Whereis would not only save Steve time posting here, it would give him door to door directions (so he doesn't get lost) and travelling time, as well as nearby parking locations if so required. It's perfect.
Granted, not as good as viaMichelin, but better than asking a bunch of goobers on a message board.

Modified by cawslow at 9:05 PM 8-20-2006

· Registered
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually wanted to know from a locals perspective. Usually more reliable than any site, as they usually drive it any other day. Also, the personal touch is kinda nice. If anyone was nearby, they might have suggested a coffee or something??? Thanks for the helpful replies, others...

I rest my case...

· Registered
5,239 Posts

Klaus, whereis is a wonderful tool to use.
but mike is right, humanising the experience is even better.
e.g. Whereis doesnt tell u that there may be better alternate routes at a specific time, which a local may be able to tell him.
Just like whereis doesnt tell you that there are large potholes on Military road just near big bear, where as you are able to tell us there is.

· Banned
7,126 Posts
Re: (TheHamofMam)

Quote, originally posted by TheHamofMam »
Right, that was your intentions eh?
You know you love to stir steve, you do it on purpose.
Just stay away from his threads.

Believe it or not, yes that was my intention. This board is not heavilyt trafficed on a Sunday night, and an answer was required.

· Banned
7,126 Posts
Re: (seph)

Quote, originally posted by seph »
Klaus, whereis is a wonderful tool to use.
but mike is right, humanising the experience is even better.
e.g. Whereis doesnt tell u that there may be better alternate routes at a specific time, which a local may be able to tell him.
Just like whereis doesnt tell you that there are large potholes on Military road just near big bear, where as you are able to tell us there is.

Point taken. But he didn't ask for any of that. He simply wanted to know where it was, and how long it would take him to get there.

· Registered
5,239 Posts

Quote, originally posted by cawslow »
Believe it or not, yes that was my intention. This board is not heavilyt trafficed on a Sunday night, and an answer was required.

im sure Steve has the ability to whoop out a street direc. or go to a website, its pretty obvious what he wanted. i.e. local knowledge/perspective

· Banned
7,126 Posts
Re: (seph)

Quote, originally posted by seph »

im sure Steve has the ability to whoop out a street direc. or go to a website, its pretty obvious what he wanted. i.e. local knowledge/perspective

Then he should have asked.
I assumed he was not aware of Whereis, and does not have access to a Sydney street directory. He does live in Canberra after all.
Anyway back on topic now - but if someone wants directions, coffee shop recommendations etc, then they should ask for it. We're not mind readers.

· Registered
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sheesh! I am pretty good with driving through Sydney, but was unfamiliar with whereabouts San Souci is. Whereis tells you where it is, and how long it would take to get there, but not specifically at about 3!
I think the less said about the last part of your post, the better!!!!!

· Registered
9,230 Posts

Klaus,
My bike rack needs to be replaced under warranty.
I'll leave the bike rack by the side of the garage.
Pick it up and take it to King of the Mountain on Military Road.
They know the deal, so they'll give you a new one, without proof of purchase.
Then, drop it off at the same place.
I need it done tomorrow.

· Registered
14,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Then he should have asked.
I assumed he was not aware of Whereis, and does not have access to a Sydney street directory. He does live in Canberra after all.
Anyway back on topic now - but if someone wants directions, coffee shop recommendations etc, then they should ask for it. We're not mind readers.

What a surprise you posted AGAIN between posts!!! This was the post I was referring to, and having read it again, I would like to highlight all of it as an example of your attitude on this website, keyboard warrior...

· Registered
5,239 Posts

That's six words Seph. You can't be Asian... you can't count! Then again you do go to Sydney Uni. Guess we can't expect too much.

I thought you were adept in recalling people's catch phrases
"bite me"
d!ckwad

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.