VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
27,245 Posts
Those ads are pretty dumb. The kind of crowds that this message may appeal to don't buy Potenza performance tires. The type of tire buyer that these TV commercials are aiming at buys 20" Futuras at Pep Boys to go with their American Racing Chome dubs.

· Banned
4,473 Posts
Re: (redshift)

There is no denying the women in those commercials are hot, especially the african american ones in their en-vogue dresses, writhing around to the music. Me likey and usually stop flicking the channel when they are on. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
13,398 Posts
Re: (eppy73)

Quote, originally posted by eppy73 »
There is no denying the women in those commercials are hot, especially the african american ones in their en-vogue dresses, writhing around to the music. Me likey and usually stop flicking the channel when they are on. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

But do you have an overwhelming urge to purchase Bridgestone tires when the commercial ends?

· Banned
4,473 Posts
Re: (Max Rebo)

Quote, originally posted by Max Rebo »

But do you have an overwhelming urge to purchase Bridgestone tires when the commercial ends?

Absolutly not, but sex sells, and I like commercials to be entertaining

· Registered
6,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

But I heard Bridgestone will soon start marketing condoms, with the right skip pad properties

· Registered
2,631 Posts
Re: (av_audi)

The wheel go round 'n round. The wheel go round 'n round. Uh huh. Yeeeah, boy. Check it. The wheel go round 'n round.
No thanks. I'd rather buy "white walls".

· Registered
Audi S4, e-Tron, and a Toyota appliance
18,745 Posts
Re: T&A beer style T.V. ads for Bridgestone (av_audi)

Where's the T&A? This is more like the ads for Bacardi. I want Coors twins in bikinis!

· Registered
3,167 Posts
Re: (bzcat)

Quote, originally posted by bzcat »
Those ads are pretty dumb. The kind of crowds that this message may appeal to don't buy Potenza performance tires. The type of tire buyer that these TV commercials are aiming at buys 20" Futuras at Pep Boys to go with their American Racing Chome dubs.

HA! You just wait. I think they've got something, personally. And yes, the ads are the worst. Especially the one with the wierd Puff Daddy look-alike dancing and singing...about tires.

· Registered
3,678 Posts

No, but at least I know..."the wheel goes 'round and 'round".

At first I thought these were sourced from the home market of Japan, since that is where Bridgestone is based. A nice entertaining, visual piece that puts the brand name in the head with a catchy jingle to help with brand identification.

· Registered
15,241 Posts
Re: T&A beer style T.V. ads for Bridgestone (av_audi)

Yeah, I sort of wondered what the singing male model and the silver clad hot chicks had to do with road handling abilities and traction ratings... all they do is unfairly reinforce the stereotypes of the typical racing fan to my wife!

· Registered
13,398 Posts
Re: (av_audi)

Quote, originally posted by av_audi »

But I heard Bridgestone will soon start marketing condoms, with the right skip pad properties

People can then have pleasurable experiences at 1.1 g's.

· Premium Member
27,611 Posts
Re: (dcomiskey)

10 years ago in Philly, there was a Goodyear ad having Lords of Acid's Sex on Wheels as the soundtrack.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.