VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
T3 ... It's time to replace the brake pads and sensors . Looking for advice.

I've done the search , most of the posts are older that I'm come across .

I'm hoping for some current information for our 14 Touareg TDI pad and sensor replacements .

Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
What do you need?

If parts, hit up @Qpower1 on club touareg - he can get OEM gear for cheaper than dealer. Do NOT go other than OEM on the Touareg or you'll lose significant braking power and longevity

·
Registered
4 Posts
I second only use OEM.
I have had issues when I used aftermarket brake pads. I put aftermarket pads on my 2018 Tiguan, and replaced them with OEM after a year since the aftermarket didn't fit correctly and would move in the calipers. If I backed up and applied the brakes, and then when forward and applied the brakes the pads would shift in the calipers making a slapping sound. NAPA gave me new pads, but wouldn't refund my money since I didn't have the box. I used Eurostop aftermarket pads on my Touareg, and those seem to be OK, but I didn't use any of the replacement hardware since it was slightly different from the original, and the existing hardware was fine.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I second only use OEM. I have had issues when I used aftermarket brakes.
Plenty of cars benefit from aftermarket brakes.. the quad-piston OE Brembo setup on the Touareg, does not.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I put on the Akebono "European" pads and they have way MORE stopping power, less dust and have not made a sound. Unfortunately they don't make a rear pad (or that I have found yet) so I went with the HAWK rears.

This is the third VW I have used the Akebono pads on and have been very happy with all of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.