VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of my has a T4 Diesel (forget which year) with a 5spd. (tranny code DQM) and he would like to put in a taller 5th gear for quiter cruising. Anybody know where to get a 5th gear conversion or if regular gears (say from a golf/jetta) can be used to accomplish this.
Any help would be appreciated. :beer Also a site that lists gear ratio's and final drives for VW tranny's.

·
Banned
1,887 Posts
Re: T4 Tranny (marek)

believe me, I know the feeling. My 5 cyl gas with 5 speed is turning 4K rpm at 80 MPH. While I am used to this since my other cars are Mk1's, I feel bad having the motor rev that high while cruising.
The trans is 02A based, same as in corrados and passats of the same genre. Even the clutch setup is the same. Thus any 02A gears would work inthe trans. Don have numbers on exact ratios yet, but give me a coupla days http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I am contemplating a 6 speed conversion for my T4, would anyone else with an old-timer be interested?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: T4 Tranny (splitmeister)

Thanks for the help, I figured they would be 02A or 020 based. Let me know when you find some more info.
Mark
And here is some to you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts