VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in seeing a Kombi version of the the new T5 make its way here to N.A. ?
I suspect there could be some pent up demand for a real world "sport utility".
I personally would be first in line for one.
Just imagine....
T5 SWB 2.5 TDI w/5-speed, manual air con, wind up windows, heated seats, alloys, removable 3 seat bench, full rubber mat floor throughout and hardboard lined rear passenger / cargo area and a decent radio, with the load rating of the cargo version....for CAD $30K... perfect in my books.
I don't know but to me a vehicle like this that can serve double duty as a family hauler / commuter during the week and whip out the rear bench on the weekend and load in a couple of full size dirt bikes and go riding on sundays...now that's sport & utility!
No slush box, no carpets, no 1200 cup holders, dvd entertainment centers, just a decent solid VW van without the frills.
It seems like only pipe dreaming with VW's relentless push upmarket... but you never know.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Re: T5 Kombi Anyone? (vw_ev73)

I think you'd prefer a T5 Dual Cab.
TDI motor, five speed, four doors, seating for five real people, air con, CD player, rubber floor, cruise control, ABS, rear bench with tool chest underneath, 180 degree rear doors with sliding windows PLUS a 8' x 6' tray out the back with 980kg load capacity.
Take the Syncro version and you have the PERFECT SUV
Just like my T4. Except that I've also got ladder racks......

[Modified by Seano, 3:57 AM 1-24-2003]

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Re: T5 Kombi Anyone? (Seano)

Well, the $30K CDN is a total pipe dream. Try $50K for ANYTHING that VW will be bringing. The days of affordable VWs is dead, my friends.
A utilitarian TDI powered van. I wonder if VW will continue its tradition of offering the workhorse models here. The MB Sprinter fits the bill of what you're looking for, but is quite a bit larger, and is $30K USD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts