VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

t5 sighting in Marietta GA!!!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  EUROBORA8V 
#1 ·
So I was driving with my Mother (she was moving, but that's another story), and we were driving towards Lockheed in Marietta Ga. We got behind a black EV and I said to her, "Hey Ma, check out that black Eurovan." I noticed it had a "Jim Ellis" license plate frame on it, and I told my Mom, "Hm, that's odd. The dealer says we are the only Eurovan they ever seen." And the more I look at it, the more I realize something isn't quite right.
I was racking my brains to remember if it had some of the slick mods Bantastic did to his van, but then I noticed it; the tail lights were very different... then as we rounding a bend in the road, I noticed that there was a sliding side door on the driver's side!
Holy ****!!! IT'S A T5!!!!
I told my Mom we would have to make a detour since I needed to find out more. I got up next to them at a red light and gestured for them to roll down the window. They did and it went like this:
Me: "Hey! I love your T5! How did you get it into the states?!?!?"
Driver: Laughs! "Ha, We are from Denmark... we brought it over!"
Me: "It's wonderful! We have a T4 and would love to get a T5!"
Driver: "Yeah, we love it."
Me: "Is it a diesel?" (I could hear the tell-tale heartbeat of the diesel)
Driver: "Yes, it's a diesel"
Me: "I love it! Thanks for stopping!"
honk honk honk from the people behind them; they had gotten the green arrow for their turn.
I took some pics with my camera phone. This made my day! It was cool to see it person and the driver and his wife were very nice.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.