VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a laundry list of things to do to my car for a while now and bags is #1. I'm getting everything ordered in the next week or so. I've researched bags for over a year and feel confident in doing the install myself but I have yet to come across a list of all the tools required for the installation process. If anyone can post a thread with a list, I'd appreciate it. I'll be posting pics throughout once I get the project started.

P.S. It's a CW Mk5 GTI

Thanks in advance for any help :beer:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
basically all you need is a good driver/ metric socket set, or impact gun(just like what youd need to remove/install the struts. A good drill, for the holes for the lines i usually use a uni-bit. a good wiring kit(16-10g but connectors, blade connectors etc electrical tape). teflon or locktite thread sealer, a set of open ended wrenches for tightening fittings, snips/wire stripper. assorted wiring depending on your application. as far as other stuff alot of it depends on how you want your setup. a dremel is often times helpful depending on location of controllers, gauges, etc. and the rest depends on how you are going to setup your management. and depending on your rear setup, other stuff too, for instance if you are going to run the airlift XLs i prefer to use an electric grinder with a cutoff wheel for the spring perch removal.

hope thats somewhat of a help.:beer:

·
Banned
2,816 Posts
You could go with the XL rear kit but with the brackets swapped for the standard height kit.

This way you don't need to remove the perch. We keep both brackets in stock and swap them for customers often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts