1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle:
2011 VW Jetta 2.0 S.

Problem:
Tail lights won't turn on, passenger brake light stays off until I press the brake pedal unlike driver side brake light that stays on as normal

Fix attempts:
1. I switched both tail light bulbs, Sylvania 7506
2. Exchanged my old battery for a new one
3. Initially I was just going to switch my #6 10amp fuse on internal fuse box but instead I decided to switch out all my 10amp mini fuses and 20amp fuses on my internal fuse box

Summary:
Problem still persists. Tail lights are not turning on and brake light isn't working as it should. Not sure what else to try; any feedback/help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a similar problem with my son’s 2010 Jetta. Only the passenger headlight and the passenger taillight works. 3rd brake light and all driver’s side lights don’t work. All fuses and bulbs are good. I suspect the BCM or as some call it, the central electronics control module.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a similar problem with my son’s 2010 Jetta. Only the passenger headlight and the passenger taillight works. 3rd brake light and all driver’s side lights don’t work. All fuses and bulbs are good. I suspect the BCM or as some call it, the central electronics control module.
I just ordered a brake light switch, hoping that'll fix it. Will change it when it arrives this afternoon. I'll update if it worked. The shop guys were lost when I told them I changed out the basics and still no tail lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Motor vehicle Gesture Finger Font Bumper

Gesture Finger Wood Tool Household hardware

Hand Automotive tire Gesture Motor vehicle Finger

Automotive tire Gas Auto part Wood Machine

Thank you, yes please keep me posted of the results. In my case, only one headlight works and one brake light. Everything else is out but bulbs are good.
Big flop. Changed it out and still nothing man. I attached pics for you to review. The brake light switch location, the part after removal and the PN from my local AZ.

So as of now:

1st I changed out the tail lights/bulbs
2nd got a new battery
3rd swapped out the fuses on internal fuse box
4th brake light switch

Nada. I'm stumped brother. Wiring is the only thing I could think of now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.