VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to drop some info here. I didn't specifically find this info when searching the forum so sorry if it has already been covered.

The belt sizes were listed in the Bentley but I wasn't sure where to find them. Turns out NAPA had most of them - the water pump belt, ac belt, and power steering belt. Parts place had the alternator belt. I converted the measurements from metric to standard in case it helps anyone.

Turbo Diesel Belt sizes
Alt 9.5 x 775 (.37” x 30.51”) - bought from Parts Place
AC 12.5 x 825 (.49” x 32.48”) - Napa
WP 9.5 x 617 (.37” x 24.29”) - Napa
PS 9.5 x 800 (.37” x 31.49”) - Napa

And in looking for shifter bushings for my 1984 Quantum, you'd think that they just don't exist any more. Something about the ETKA breakdown makes it look like the Q bushings are not the same as the dasher or fox. From looking at this fox bushing kit, I can't tell a difference between these and the Quantum bushings. Are they a slightly different size? Why do they not show compatibility with the Q or Dasher? If they work should I tell PP to fix the listing? Why does the ETKA show different part numbers than what i ended up using? Very strange. Parts Place - VW Fox Bushing Kit

Anyway, I figured I'd throw some part numbers down here and some other links as well.

Shifter Bushings
The full set of shifter bushings for the manual 5 speed can be found here too: Shifter Bushing Kit at evwparts You can buy them individually as well. They can also be found lurking on ebay.
The part numbers for what worked for me are below:
823711593B - Oblong bushing
823711594B - Opposite from oblong
811711597 - Two needed
811711279 - Ball socket bushing

823711642B - Rubber boot
823711641B - Oblong Rubber boot

This eBay seller is in Brazil and sells the whole shifter assemblies from his store. Wish I had known about this two weeks ago! poapartsbrasil on eBay

·
Registered
Passat B2 33b 1987 1.6TD 51kw
70 Posts

Audi 80b2 is the same as passat b2/quantum, here are the part numbers for shifter linkage bushings

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just wanted to drop some info here. I didn't specifically find this info when searching the forum so sorry if it has already been covered.

The belt sizes were listed in the Bentley but I wasn't sure where to find them. Turns out NAPA had most of them - the water pump belt, ac belt, and power steering belt. Parts place had the alternator belt. I converted the measurements from metric to standard in case it helps anyone.

Turbo Diesel Belt sizes
Alt 9.5 x 775 (.37” x 30.51”) - bought from Parts Place
AC 12.5 x 825 (.49” x 32.48”) - Napa
WP 9.5 x 617 (.37” x 24.29”) - Napa
PS 9.5 x 800 (.37” x 31.49”) - Napa

And in looking for shifter bushings for my 1984 Quantum, you'd think that they just don't exist any more. Something about the ETKA breakdown makes it look like the Q bushings are not the same as the dasher or fox. From looking at this fox bushing kit, I can't tell a difference between these and the Quantum bushings. Are they a slightly different size? Why do they not show compatibility with the Q or Dasher? If they work should I tell PP to fix the listing? Why does the ETKA show different part numbers than what i ended up using? Very strange. Parts Place - VW Fox Bushing Kit

Anyway, I figured I'd throw some part numbers down here and some other links as well.

Shifter Bushings
The full set of shifter bushings for the manual 5 speed can be found here too: Shifter Bushing Kit at evwparts You can buy them individually as well. They can also be found lurking on ebay.
The part numbers for what worked for me are below:
823711593B - Oblong bushing
823711594B - Opposite from oblong
811711597 - Two needed
811711279 - Ball socket bushing

823711642B - Rubber boot
823711641B - Oblong Rubber boot

This eBay seller is in Brazil and sells the whole shifter assemblies from his store. Wish I had known about this two weeks ago! poapartsbrasil on eBay
I would like to throw in here that these bushing will work for the 4 speed as well and that the ones i bought were for a fox and were a little big for my dasher but fit with a little shaving and some grease i suspect why its not on there is the part number is different but they do work i can't say on the ball bushing for the shifter though i didn't replace that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.