VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got my car chipped and i want to buy a stock ecu cause im giving the car to my father and in case he ever wants to go back to stock. its a 2002 jetta gls TDI. tell me how much and ill buy it.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: tdi ecu (G60ING)

lol i know but hes a mechanic and an imigrant from europe haha so hes isnt really into modded cars. so just incase, i want one to be sure

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Re: tdi ecu (TDI_Savva)

UPsolute has a switchable program you know, you get a remote so you can go between chipped and stock mode.
Also, while the programming does dramatically make a difference, it's only power on demand, such as you push the pedal more than halfway. Because of the way the TDI reacts, you really don't have to worry about your father driving your car in chipped mode. Just my own opinion.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Re: tdi ecu (TDI_Savva)

If you go to the Upsolute page, they have more information on it than I can remember, because I don't have the switchable program. I got mine before it was available. Anyway, it depends on the distributor for whether or not he has it available. Contact who you got the chiptuning program from and see if they have it. If not, call around some nearby ones to see who's got it. I think it's extra cost, but since you already have the stock program, it won't be much. Besides, I believe UP flashes programs now rather than resoldering.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: tdi ecu (dieseldorf)

I've gotten two from car-parts.com. I wasn't that lucky at getting them for $100. All the ones that were in that price range were gone or were toast (two were actual fires and they claimed the ecu was melted). I did manage to get both of mine for $165 ea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts