VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Super n00b here. I'm a long time lurker and finally found a TDI !
Its a 2003 Jetta Wagon 1.9 TDI
I need to get the 100k timing belt kit done including the water pump.
Two questions :
Does anyone know a good price for this
and can you recommend a good shop ?
My first quote was over $1000 :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
impressed

Wow, Full Throttle called to confirm the appointment. I have only given them my ph# once.
Never had a shop do that before.
Maybe after years of crappy service I just expect much less ?
My other shop makes me leave my phone number...every time I call them.
Forget about confirming appointments!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Full Throttle>Would Definitely Recommend!

Ok so I just picked up my TDI from Full Throttle today. My initial impression was spot on.
I was a little early so I got the chance to shoot the ish with David at the front desk. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. I'm new to the scene and did not get the typical 'n00b' treatment that you might get from someone who's been involved with VW's for a while.
Then I met the owner, Shannon. He was also super friendly and had a couple recommendations for maintenance and tips for service intervals.
Finally, I can't say enough about the guy who worked on my car, Justin. Apparently he's the diesel guy. He was actually excited to work on my car and took the time to explain all the things he did with my car. I got the feeling he worked on my car like I would work on it: with patience and care.
You can defiantly tell Shannon runs a great shop and fosters a friendly, positive attitude among his crew. It's also clear that his guys love working for him--Justin's been there for 8 years.
All in all, I cannot remember ever having a better experience with an automotive shop.
Full Throttle has my highest recommendation, I will definitely be back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 more thing

Oh yeah, I also had to change my Coolant Temp Sensor (the green top one).
I figured since they were doing a coolant flush anyways they could throw that in there.
I already had the sensor, just didn't have the time to do it myself.
Normally, my old mechanic would totally forget. or just not do it cuz he didnt want to.
Full Throttle was more than happy to accommodate me and took care of it with no extra charge.
Fuggin awesome!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Oh yeah, I also had to change my Coolant Temp Sensor (the green top one).
I figured since they were doing a coolant flush anyways they could throw that in there.
I already had the sensor, just didn't have the time to do it myself.
Normally, my old mechanic would totally forget. or just not do it cuz he didnt want to.
Full Throttle was more than happy to accommodate me and took care of it with no extra charge.
Fuggin awesome!
Look for Axis motoring in google, give them a call or email hes pretty good and decent prices

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thx

Thanks bro,
I'll keep that in mind, unfortunately that shop is on the other side of town for me.
And I'm kinda happy with Full Throttle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts