VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

681 - 700 of 1526 Posts

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Well I though I had everything fixed on my car so I started ordering some fun parts.

I ordered these

and this, which I can't install yet because I have a broken stud on my manifold......so I'll order some headers :laugh:

Got the catback installed for now. Then I started having some coolant issues...new aluminum radiator, thermostat back in april. Water pump took a poo and I'm not so sure it didn't cause a leak in my new radiator. :mad:

So Friday I changed the water pump. Tomorrow I'll test it. It's too cold to do it today.

It's all going in this

·
Registered
39,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #683
Well I though I had everything fixed on my car so I started ordering some fun parts.

I ordered these

and this, which I can't install yet because I have a broken stud on my manifold......so I'll order some headers :laugh:

Trimmed for space. I like your style. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Does a free truck count?

01 Dakota 4.7, 175K miles. My Aunt and her partner moved to Queens and only needed one car. I got the truck :D

·
Registered
7.4, 5.7. 2.0T
18,386 Posts
Very nice boat. Most people don't realize how much nicer a Cobalt is than 95% of other mfrs. boats. You also probably just won worst mileage for the thread thus far. :D
Thank you, we love it so much that we drove 450 miles last spring to pick it up. Nice upgrade from our 18' Four Winns. Luckily, fuel prices are down because it burns fuel at 8-12 gph at cruising speed (25-35 mph). We don't do long stretches of full-throttle but she'll burn about 1 gallon every two minutes of full throttle (30 gph).

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
When we eventually move someplace warm and flat I'll have a G8 in the garage :)
Well, when the kids are out of middle school, high school and then college, I'll get what I damn well please, but that's not how we're playing in this thread. :p
I got mine for $12,500 so it wasn't a big hit on the wallet. :p

·
Registered
658 Posts
Driving home from Boston yesterday I averaged 22mpg.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Driving home from Boston yesterday I averaged 22mpg.
Wow that's not much worse than the RWD ones, cool.

I'm trying to figure out what to use as a general cargo hauler and tow vehicle in a year or two for a small formula car (trailer would be ~1500 lbs loaded) that would also be relatively decent to drive and cheap to own. The Magnum RT is currently at the top of my list. Sadly there aren't really any other modern RWD wagons besides the crazy high maintenance benz/bmw ones. Ideally I'd get a G8/Commodore wagon with the Holden 2100kg tow package.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Well after using my 337 as my primary summer vehicle since 2010 it started to become apparent with my kids getting bigger that wasn't working anymore, the wifey was on my case about getting a bigger better family vehicle, so I started doing research and I decided I couldn't find a better option than a Magnum so I've been shopping around for months, until getting the example I posted above. I honestly couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
7.4, 5.7. 2.0T
18,386 Posts
Ivery nice! perfect size boat. my dad has a 24ft rinker cuddy cabin though, he wishes it was open bow now
Thanks! When I was searching for boats in the 23'-26' range, there were a more cuddy cabins available than bow riders in our price range. Also, Cobalts are somewhat rare around here which is why we drove several states away for ours. I can see the appeal of cuddy cabins but they did not fit our use. The cuddy is too small to be comfortable overnight with my wife and two kids. When underway, people don't want to sit below so you are out that seating area while underway. For us, the bow rider offered more room and even has a hidden head in the passenger console for bathroom emergencies.

681 - 700 of 1526 Posts