VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Re: (Sheynk)

they are cheap, are easy to keep running, and can be loads of fun!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Re: Tell Me about the Classic BMW 2002 (VW321)

where can i get a 2002 TURBO,--- my realistic dreamcar.
does anyone have one on vortex? pics?

thanks

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Re: Tell Me about the Classic BMW 2002 (BlackMagic2004)

Quote, originally posted by BlackMagic2004 »
where can i get a 2002 TURBO,--- my realistic dreamcar.
does anyone have one on vortex? pics?

thanks

they are pretty rare, Ive heard about 20k a pop. But you can find a 2002tii for less. There is a nice one around my area for 4k. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
130bhp
5spd

·
Registered
38,608 Posts

they're great cars! also they're less complex than a modern lawnmower. ask me how i know

obin

·
Registered
7,448 Posts

I had a 1972 Tii. They are great cars. Very cool. I had Momo everything. Right down tot he 13" MOMO wheels. Sometimes they like to eat up valves. Other than that, it was flawless, and it got a beating everyday.

·
Registered
38,608 Posts

·
Registered
8,261 Posts

·
Registered
38,608 Posts
Re: Tell Me about the Classic BMW 2002 (fixedhalo)

Quote, originally posted by fixedhalo »
hey obin,
whens part 3 commin out?

i freaking hurt my leg AGAIN so i haven't been able to do much work on the car lately
. we are going to finish all of the electrical system this week, and then hopefully have the car driveable by 2-3 weeks from now. if i didn't pull my left hamstring i would have finished the car by now.
obin

·
Banned
909 Posts
Re: Tell Me about the Classic BMW 2002 (DenverMINI)

Quote, originally posted by DenverMINI »
I don't know about pricing, but here's a pic I took I thought I'd pass along.

That's gorgeous!

Screw the Mini-Cooper, BMW needs to rerelease the 2002!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Great Pictures
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
38,608 Posts
Re: Tell Me about the Classic BMW 2002 (lobo)

Quote, originally posted by lobo »

That's gorgeous!

Screw the Mini-Cooper, BMW needs to rerelease the 2002!

i WISH they would. unfortunately if BMW came out with a "new" 2002, the 2002 wouldn't stand for "2.0 liter generation 2", but "2002 kilograms even when totally empty"

obin

·
Registered
259 Posts

What you want is the bimmers.com website, complete with FAQ, upgrade info and classifieds:
http://www.bimmers.com/02
Oh, and I've got a '72 2002tii that I'm selling. White, Good shape, only a little rust (mostly a Calif. car). Don't have all the details and pics yet, but PM me if interested.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Re: Tell Me about the Classic BMW 2002 (SpookyReverb)

Quote, originally posted by SpookyReverb »
Here's a few pictures of one I took at a show last fall:

I could be wrong, but I don't think that those are pictures of a factory turbo, unless it has been repainted (which would be a shame). Factory turbos only came in white and polaris silver:
http://www.bmwworld.com/models...o.htm
Factory turbos, while being very rare, and interesting historically (they were unfortunatley released during the oil crisis in the 70's, and BWM got a lot of flack about them for being too aggresive and dangerous) they are not one of the more "streetable" '02's. When the turbo hit, it was like a bat out of hell, and as a result, they were sometimes difficult to control.
For big power on '02s, people have done several things: built up regular N/As or there have been a few who have dropped in M3 engines them. The 2002tii version has good power out of the box, but is not as upgradable as the standard 2002 Since the car only weighs about 2200 lbs. You don't need a lot of HP to get them scooting along

-Andrew

1 - 20 of 22 Posts