VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Temp sender on top of coolant tank.. (snickers_163)

Ok, maybe I should explain my situation a little better. There is a sensor and a wire that come out of the top of the coolant tank. If one were to unplug this wire, you'd get the flashing red 'overheat' light to come on in your dash. I cannot for the life of me find this wire, or the wire that was cut here - to plug it back in or repair the wire and then plug it in... anybody know were this wire leads to??????

·
Registered
1,723 Posts

On a 16V there's a 2-pin/2 wire connector to the black sensor on the top of the reservior....if the lite in the dash coolant gauge comes on...just means coolant is low, not overheating...I beleive. I'm not sure where it goes (never had to look) and I'll check my car this weekend but the wire should go thru the firewall into the 'black box' hidden under that thin, black plastic rain cover between the firewall and dash/windshield on the drivers side. Someone cut and removed yours? You'll have to bitch-slap whoever did that to you.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Temp sender on top of coolant tank.. (Jim's16VScirocco)

Honestly, the last owner took everything he could remove and painted it red (black rocc). I have no faith in what has happened to this car (only paid $500 us, so I obviously was up to the challenge!). Also, the wiring harness was replaced at some point and the guage cluster wasn't plugged in... It's a true franken-rocco.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts

My bad....the wires go thru the fire wall to a unit just above the fuse panel , not into the jetronic black box...and it does alert you to overheating as well as low coolant....doesn't look all that difficult to replace if you had to. Sorry for the initial misinformation...should of checked first before I replied.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.