VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't want to jack Sasquatch's thread, so I'm posting here. Yesterday I went to RI with the wife and on the way back I noticed that the temp gauge had barely lifted off the peg. I only noticed this because the wife said she was cold and we had the heat set on high and all we got was cold air.
The whole ride was highway driving, so I couldn't imagine why the temp didn't get even close to 160. I know the point of the coolant system is to keep the engine temp down, but that seems a little extreme to me. I looked under the hood and there is a plastic hose that's come apart. It's coming from somewhere up front and connects to the air box. I'm assuming this is some sort of intake hose. The break is right where it makes a heavy angle to connect to the air box.
I'm trying to figure out if this is connected to my low temp issue. It's been cold out, so I'm thinking it's possible that the air box is taking in only cold outside air and none of whatever is supposed to come through that hose. Can anybody confirm that or offer up some other ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts